User Avatar Image

Biff and Delorean

posted by zoitberg on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

Hi everyone !

There was always two things in bttf2 the bothered me.
One is Biff and Delorean and second is Doc become some way commended by goverment (newspaper )

When Marty and Doc travel to the future, senior Biff spot the Delorean and instead of saying some trivial "WTF is this?" He KNEW that this was a Time machine, and knew how to set a clock, go 80 miles etc... Ha ! He even told his younger self that in the future Marty or Doc will go after him.

Question remains : How he knew this much about Delorean?! How he knew this "crazy, wild-eyed old man who claims to be a scientist" ?

In the 2rd part Doc shown Marty newspaper with text "Emmett Brown commended". I assume that in later years he told the world about time travels (and create a Institute of Future Technology <-- non canonical). Then we got two options:

1. Doc in second part (future) is still anonymous, he become recognizable after they alter Biff Hell Valley . In the end of third part when Marty asked Doc about the future Doc replied "we already been there" .

In this timeline (in the future) Biff dont know anything about time travels yet. Doc can build as many time machines as he want because in the future he is... First Citizen Brown (Eeevil Ending ;P )

2. Doc in second part (future) before he come back for Marty he learned that he was honored, he become recognizable person. This would explain that Biff knew what is "Delorean" . But in this time version we don't know how long Doc remained in the future ("Oh no ! Marty's son and his family are in trouble ! I must come back.. but before. Let pimp our Delorean with flying ambility and 18" rims .Yeaach") and.. How may things he know about .. THE FUTURE !!! ;)

There always bother me what "the status" (dead, live,famous, anonymous ect.) have Doc in 2015. For 100% Emmett that goes to the future in the end of first part search for future himself. What he learned? ;) Maybe in game it will be explained...

18549_0072_2_lg.jpg

Sorry if i made any grammar mistakes. English is not my native language :(

82 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Spengler56 said: I would think if he can get trash to generate that much power he could it to run the car. He was able to get it to fly. And besides, he had all the time he needed, he had a time machine. :)

Doc didn't make the car able to fly. That's why there was a commercial for hover conversions. Mr. Fusion is a home energy reactor. It says so right under the name.
    krups2.jpg

As a home energy reactor, the Mr. Fusion is most likely used to, as the name indicates, power homes. Also a great way to keep people recycling since it's run on garbage.

And as someone said, replacing the normal internal combustion engine with an electric engine would make NO sense. Remember. The DeLorean is a rear-engine vehicle. All of Doc's customizations are covering the engine. He'd have to rip out pretty much the entire back end of the time machine. Not to mention that the Mr. Fusion is stated to power the time circuits and the flux capacitor. Imagine if you will if Mr. Fusion powered the entire car. Now consider that Doc refuels Mr. Fusion after nearly every time jump(we don't know if this is always the case, but it seems to be). If Mr. Fusion has no power left after a time jump and the DeLorean is, say, in hover mode? The car would drop from the sky like a ton of bricks. So in the long run, keeping the engine running on gasoline was the safer choice. He just never anticipated Marty ripping a hole in the fuel line.

• @Shadowknight1 said: Doc didn't make the car able to fly. That's why there was a commercial for hover conversions. Mr. Fusion is a home energy reactor. It says so right under the name.

Ya, I figured that, I just meant he got it done. I'm guessing there had to be a converter to get cars off gas if they could make them fly or make Mr. Fushion.

@Shadowknight1 said: As a home energy reactor, the Mr. Fusion is most likely used to, as the name indicates, power homes. Also a great way to keep people recycling since it's run on garbage.

And as someone said, replacing the normal internal combustion engine with an electric engine would make NO sense. Remember. The DeLorean is a rear-engine vehicle. All of Doc's customizations are covering the engine. He'd have to rip out pretty much the entire back end of the time machine. Not to mention that the Mr. Fusion is stated to power the time circuits and the flux capacitor. Imagine if you will if Mr. Fusion powered the entire car. Now consider that Doc refuels Mr. Fusion after nearly every time jump(we don't know if this is always the case, but it seems to be). If Mr. Fusion has no power left after a time jump and the DeLorean is, say, in hover mode? The car would drop from the sky like a ton of bricks. So in the long run, keeping the engine running on gasoline was the safer choice. He just never anticipated Marty ripping a hole in the fuel line.

I never saw the label, that answers that.

Why wouldn't Doc be able to open the engine hood and work on it? Are you saying he can't open the rear hood? Forgive me, I'm not too familiar with the design and how to go about about converting the car. (Now that I think about it, wasn't there a Texaco in 2015? Were they still running on gas?)

As for your third point, I guess it would depend how much power is left after each jump. You could say it would be same with gas though because people could get on the freeway with little gas and get into trouble. I'd assume there'd be a safety mechanism though. I didn't remember Doc saying Mr. Fushion powered the flux capacitor, just the circuits. Thanks for clearing that up.

• Yes, there was a Texaco in 2015. And at one point, a robotic voice says "Checking oil", so I'd assume cars in BTTF's 2015 are still reliant on gasoline.

There is no "hood" on the time machine any more. The time machine's "garage"-built components are covering it.

• Are you sure about that? I thought the hood was still there on fan-made reproductions of it. Speaking of which, apparently it's a huge pain in the ass to get under the hood on fan reproductions. Since those are just regular cars covered in useless props, imagine how difficult it would be to get in there if it was covered in functioning components.

• @GuruGuru214 said: Are you sure about that? I thought the hood was still there on fan-made reproductions of it. Speaking of which, apparently it's a huge pain in the ass to get under the hood on fan reproductions. Since those are just regular cars covered in useless props, imagine how difficult it would be to get in there if it was covered in functioning components.

I wonder how Doc expected to perform routine maintenance.

• @Spengler56 said: I wonder how Doc expected to perform routine maintenance.

I don't know. I could be wrong. But even if, like the reproductions, you are able to get to the engine compartment, it would still be too much of a pain to remove the engine out from under all of that junk.

• I call fake. That is not Doc Brown in the picture. Looks like its merely his photo double so that newspaper clipping is non-canonical.

• @Shadowknight1 said: Doc didn't make the car able to fly. That's why there was a commercial for hover conversions. Mr. Fusion is a home energy reactor. It says so right under the name.
    krups2.jpg

As a home energy reactor, the Mr. Fusion is most likely used to, as the name indicates, power homes. Also a great way to keep people recycling since it's run on garbage.

Marty did not rip a hole in the fuel line! Why would he do that? The Indians attacked him because he looked like a cowboy, thats what happened in the movie!!!

• @PrivateJoker said: I call fake. That is not Doc Brown in the picture. Looks like its merely his photo double so that newspaper clipping is non-canonical.

What.

DocNewspaper.jpg

DocNewspaper2.jpg

@PrivateJoker said: Marty did not rip a hole in the fuel line! Why would he do that? The Indians attacked him because he looked like a cowboy, thats what happened in the movie!!!

Nobody said Marty went and ripped the fuel line open maliciously or anything. The fuel line was damaged while the DeLorean was in Marty's care.

• GuruGuru, you messed up. What you should have said was that the fuel line was damaged while the DeLorean was in Marty's "care". You can't forget the sarcasm quotes. This is the same kid who, on numerous occasions, has left a freaking DeLorean(!) sitting on the streets of Hill Valley with the doors unlocked and, presumably, the keys still inside. If that bum in BTTF1 hadn't been so drunk, he would've taken the DeLorean to the nearest car lot and sold it.

Add Comment