User Avatar Image

Biff and Delorean

posted by zoitberg on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

Hi everyone !

There was always two things in bttf2 the bothered me.
One is Biff and Delorean and second is Doc become some way commended by goverment (newspaper )

When Marty and Doc travel to the future, senior Biff spot the Delorean and instead of saying some trivial "WTF is this?" He KNEW that this was a Time machine, and knew how to set a clock, go 80 miles etc... Ha ! He even told his younger self that in the future Marty or Doc will go after him.

Question remains : How he knew this much about Delorean?! How he knew this "crazy, wild-eyed old man who claims to be a scientist" ?

In the 2rd part Doc shown Marty newspaper with text "Emmett Brown commended". I assume that in later years he told the world about time travels (and create a Institute of Future Technology <-- non canonical). Then we got two options:

1. Doc in second part (future) is still anonymous, he become recognizable after they alter Biff Hell Valley . In the end of third part when Marty asked Doc about the future Doc replied "we already been there" .

In this timeline (in the future) Biff dont know anything about time travels yet. Doc can build as many time machines as he want because in the future he is... First Citizen Brown (Eeevil Ending ;P )

2. Doc in second part (future) before he come back for Marty he learned that he was honored, he become recognizable person. This would explain that Biff knew what is "Delorean" . But in this time version we don't know how long Doc remained in the future ("Oh no ! Marty's son and his family are in trouble ! I must come back.. but before. Let pimp our Delorean with flying ambility and 18" rims .Yeaach") and.. How may things he know about .. THE FUTURE !!! ;)

There always bother me what "the status" (dead, live,famous, anonymous ect.) have Doc in 2015. For 100% Emmett that goes to the future in the end of first part search for future himself. What he learned? ;) Maybe in game it will be explained...

18549_0072_2_lg.jpg

Sorry if i made any grammar mistakes. English is not my native language :(

82 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Spengler56 said: I would think if he can get trash to generate that much power he could it to run the car. He was able to get it to fly. And besides, he had all the time he needed, he had a time machine. :)

Doc's trip to 1885 was completely unprepared since the DeLorean was hit by lightning, the DeLorean wasn't equipped with 1885 in mind. In 1885, Doc and Marty had to get out of there quick because Doc would die in a week, making repairs or modifications impossible since it would take Doc longer than a week to do them with the equipment and materials he had available in that time period.

• "Damn! It blew the fuel injection manifold...strong stuff alright. It'll take a month to rebuild it."

"A month? Doc, you're gonna get shot on Monday!!"

^^Yup.

• @Jennifer said: Doc's trip to 1885 was completely unprepared since the DeLorean was hit by lightning, the DeLorean wasn't equipped with 1885 in mind. In 1885, Doc and Marty had to get out of there quick because Doc would die in a week, making repairs or modifications impossible since it would take Doc longer than a week to do them with the equipment and materials he had available in that time period.

Well not quite, he did have money from the 1800's so he was prepared for it. Which begs the question, how did he get all that money in his briefcase? Did he already do other time travelling prior to bringing Marty to 2015? We know he hasnt visited the old west yet as he says so but it seems it was on his agenda before deciding to destroy the time machine.

I'd imagine if not for buford shooting him, he eventually would have been able to repair the time circuits since he builds the trail from scratch.

• @Shadowknight1 said: The digital speedometer has a label on it that says "SET FOR 88 MPH", so I think Old Biff could figure that out.

As for Biff coming back to 2015A, he DID. We didn't see anything change for Marty and Doc because, presumably, Hilldale is either unaffected, or because Biff is apparently dead in 2015A, the city has gotten back to normal. Marty and Doc didn't stay at the McFly house, so they didn't see that the family probably faded away as they probably wouldn't be living there.

Exactly, When Old Biff returns the Delorean back to Marty and Doc he does it because if he failed to it would result in a paradox. He would have also failed in his plan to become rich. Anyway, Biff starts to fade away in 2015 because he is possibly deceased in 2015..which is now altered because of his actions..this time has changed around Marty and Doc, but they leave immediately after so we do not see all of the changes.

• @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: Which begs the question, how did he get all that money in his briefcase?

The Doc is crazy, he screws up timelines, steals plutonium, steals trains, makes deals with terrorists, burns down homes... so he probably just took the delorean to the old west and straight up robbed a bank.

• @zounds! said: The Doc is crazy, he screws up timelines, steals plutonium, steals trains, makes deals with terrorists, burns down homes... so he probably just took the delorean to the old west and straight up robbed a bank.

But in part II, he specifically says he'll never get to visit his favourite historical year the old west so that implies that his first trip to the old west was after the lightning strike.

• @zounds! said: He probably just took the delorean to the old west and straight up robbed a bank.

I wouldn't put it past him.

"Is this a holdup?"
    "It's a science experiment!"

But I agree with Michael J Fox is Canadian, he clearly states that he regrets not visiting the old west which implies that he hasn't travelled there yet.

• I wouldn't put it past Doc to have spent money to get a hold of some. Or maybe someone in his family collected it or something.

• @Jtucker1789 said: Exactly, When Old Biff returns the Delorean back to Marty and Doc he does it because if he failed to it would result in a paradox. He would have also failed in his plan to become rich. Anyway, Biff starts to fade away in 2015 because he is possibly deceased in 2015..which is now altered because of his actions..this time has changed around Marty and Doc, but they leave immediately after so we do not see all of the changes.

If he did die before the events in 2015, wouldn't there be a time paradox? That means old Biff would not be around for the events that got him the almanac. Maybe the universe exploded as Doc and Marty left 2015? :eek:

• @Spengler56 said: If he did die before the events in 2015, wouldn't there be a time paradox? That means old Biff would not be around for the events that got him the almanac. Maybe the universe exploded as Doc and Marty left 2015? :eek:

That's the kind of logic that BttF avoids. Because technically once Marty realized what would happen if he continued to lose his temper when someone called him a chicken, his own timeline changed, therefore Doc wouldn't have seen anything wrong, therefore he wouldn't have needed to go back to get Marty, hence Marty wouldn't have bought the almanac, hence 2015A wouldn't have occurred, hence Doc wouldn't have traveled back to 1885, then Marty wouldn't have followed from 1955, and then Marty wouldn't have come to terms with the "chicken button", so on and so forth. Circular time travel logic doesn't apply in the BttF universe.

Add Comment