User Avatar Image

The Time Train

posted by Jtucker1789 on - last edited - Viewed by 279 users

Hey guys, I was just wondering if it puzzled you as much as it does me that Doc stayed with Clara in 1885, but somehow managed to find the resources to build a time travelling train..lol. When it took him years to build the Delorean. I'm sure there are many possibilites but I was just curious what you all thought. :confused:

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well he has already invented time travel so it should take him less time to build another one, 1800s technology notwithstanding. The children appear to be 10 years old so not like he built it overnight. Plus clara seems to know a thing or 2 about science so she likely helped him.

• yeah its not like he's reinventing it.
    He's got his notebook with exact details on how the flux capacitor works and he's proven he can produce the necessary power with a train to make the jump. He clearly fluxxed up a train engine then made a jump the future to quickly and easily get it fully refined with hover jets etc.

And as we also see in 3 given the instructions of HOW microchips are built the 1955 doc was easily able to make a larger make-shift microchip using 1955 materials; so why culdnt doc make an even bigger scale microchip using forging available at that time, especially since tht doc is the one from 1985 who has experienced microchips first hand.

• Are you honestly doubting what Doc Brown, the inventor of time travel itself, is capable of? :rolleyes:

• You have a good point. It would seem impossible even if he knew how to build the capacitor. How would he get the 1.21 jw's to power it? It took him quite a while to build the refrigerator. Maybe he fixed the deloreon he left for Marty in that cave?

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

He didn't have only 1885 technology to build from. He also had the hoverboard, which he could have gutted to help build a new flux capacitor and Mr. Fusion.

• @Spengler56 said: You have a good point. It would seem impossible even if he knew how to build the capacitor. How would he get the 1.21 jw's to power it? It took him quite a while to build the refrigerator. Maybe he fixed the deloreon he left for Marty in that cave?

He couldn't have - the effects of tinkering with it would be catastrophic! He did still have the broken one to look at, though. My guess is that he used the broken DeLorean for reference when needed and made precautions to make sure that it would be there for Marty to use in 1955.

• @Jennifer said: He didn't have only 1885 technology to build from. He also had the hoverboard, which he could have gutted to help build a new flux capacitor and Mr. Fusion.

This is hardly relevant to the topic but I noticed that your birthday was three days ago, based on your DeviantArt page. Happy Belated Birthday!

But on a side note, using the technology he had with him, like Jennifer mentioned, he could easily use the parts and speed up the construction process.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Martin McFly said: This is hardly relevant to the topic but I noticed that your birthday was three days ago, based on your DeviantArt page. Happy Belated Birthday!

Thanks. :D

@Martin McFly said: He couldn't have - the effects of tinkering with it would be catastrophic! He did still have the broken one to look at, though. My guess is that he used the broken DeLorean for reference when needed and made precautions to make sure that it would be there for Marty to use in 1955.
    I forgot about the broken DeLorean. Using that for reference would really be helpful, especially if the Mr. Fusion isn't a Doc Brown invention. :)

• Presumably doc tried everything he could with the 'broken' delorean before burying it (as he writes in his letter). But consider that had the time circuits still worked when he was initially sent back to the old west, he would have only made more time travels; to 1955 to get Marty and then back to 1985 before destroying the delorean. Even still it wasnt a big deal for him, he seemed happy in the old west. It was likely clara who pushed him to re-create time travel.

• @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: Presumably doc tried everything he could with the 'broken' delorean before burying it (as he writes in his letter). But consider that had the time circuits still worked when he was initially sent back to the old west, he would have only made more time travels; to 1955 to get Marty and then back to 1985 before destroying the delorean. Even still it wasnt a big deal for him, he seemed happy in the old west. It was likely clara who pushed him to re-create time travel.

The only reason I thought he could repair the Delorean was because I thought maybe he could gotten working parts from the Delorean Marty brought back. But that's a big maybe.

Add Comment