User Avatar Image

Introduce Yourself!

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 82.4K users

Just about every forum I've seen has had an introduction thread, and with the new licenses bringing in so many new faces, I feel ours should be no exception. This thread is for new members to introduce themselves and say hello. If you guys like, it can also be for old members to introduce themselves to the new members.

And yes, I'm aware that we already had this thread two months ago, but after the way that one went, I felt a blank slate was in order.

Well! Guess I'll get the ball rolling!

Greetings! I'm GuruGuru214, though most call me Guru. I've been here for around a year and a half, and at the moment I believe I have the 5th highest post count among active posters (behind Avistew, Rather Dashing, Jake, and Irishmile). This means that I talk a lot but not necessarily that I have a lot to say. :D Needless to say, I could very well be the mod who spends the most time on here.

I also started the longest running thread on the forums back before my modship, which is something that fills me with both pride and shame, depending on what's going on in there at any given time.

I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember and own every Nintendo console there is.

th_DSC03361.jpg

See? I also own the full Telltale library, with the exception of Texas Hold'em. Once a year, you'll find me running the Great Monkey Island Race and the Great Sam & Max Race, a speed run competition through every game in each series and a whole lot of fun. Other times, you might find me on other crazy exploits, like running the entire Kingdom Hearts series in chronological order, or cataloging my game collection and then attempting to beat all the games I never finished.

I like to think I'm easy to get along with, as long as you're a reasonable person. Don't look for trouble and we should get along just fine.

Welcome to Telltale! Enjoy your stay and don't cross me! :D

377 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Greeting all, I am Splash but you may call me Lord of Moss or Lawd of Mossy Stuff. The reason there is a big one in my name is because there is only 1 of me. I have been on the forums since 2007 but I have been on Telltale since they first released Bone.

My days include of me being bored and completely doing nothing but being alive.
    I am a large PS3 addict and I go on and play it every day. My favorite games are on here, and some on the PS3. If you are wondering, most of my days consist of nothing but PS3 addictive playing. I frown on Xbox usage too.

For some reason I have annoyed many members on the forum, they say that I'm sarcastic and annoying. This however is only half true as I pride myself on being sarcastic in a good and positive way. I am also described as crazy. I don't deny it.

I am a very good person but would not mind seeing fire and large explosions. I don't mind being pestered by PMs. And sometimes for your further information, I don't think when I post or read what I post; so don't take offense or die in confusion if you read my stuff.
    If you read this, it is all true. That is all.

• I am Gman5852

I longtime Telltale fan
    An even Longer www.homestarrunner.com fan(UPDATE THE WEBSITE!)
    That actually is how I came to these forums and how I met these people.(Dashing were you here before Homestar because I would laugh if you did with your username)
    I am the head physcopath poster in these forums(no Im not)

I also like playing TF2 and MNC.

• @filthynerd said: Hi. I smell terrible.

Besides that, I've been following telltale since the first Sam n Max; just bothered to sign up in these forums.

This will probably be my last post. Any suggestions otherwise are welcome.

I suggest your last post should be one pointing out how ridiculous it would be to make your last post point out how ridiculous it would be to make your last post pointing out how ridiculous it would be...

• Hi all, my name is Avistew, or Avi. Real name Alice (that's Ah-LEES). I'm French, just turned 26, currently in California but I've lived in Canada too for a total of three years.
    I'm vegetarian, polyamorous and don't want biological children, which mean I'll either adopt or have no kids. Oh, and I don't shave. I think that's all for the weird stuff.
    I like cats and I live with three of them currently, as well as two dogs (and my boyfriend and his mother) but only one of the three is really "mine", the other two are my boyfriend's.
    I like knitting, writing and translating.

I used to post a lot on these forums (I even had a higher post count than Rather Dashing at some point. I wouldn't have noticed, but he did and told me so. Now I've been told his is higher again, by like a thousand posts), but I haven't been as much of a fan lately. I'm sticking around because I like this community, but pretty much staying in the General chat section only, and I don't spend as much time as I used to on the forums anymore.

What else... I have hypothyroidism, asthma and a bunch of allergies that I'm too lazy to list right now.

I look like this without my glasses: Amnpjs.jpg. Can't find a picture with my glasses right now, but there is a bunch in the "what do you look like" thread.

And I think that's it! Feel free to send me a PM if you want to ask me something or if you just want to chat.

• @samusaran253 said: Hey, I'm new here

Your avatar is Sami. I already like you :)

• User Avatar Image
    Blind Sniper Moderator

Hey. Although I just recently joined, I've been a Telltale fan ever since I played Abe Lincoln Must Die for free on Steam somewhere in between the time Season 2 of Sam and Max was finished and Telltale was working on Strong Bad. Ever since, I've bought all three seasons of Sam and Max and the full season of Monkey Island, alongside Puzzle Agent, Poker Night, and a few episodes of Strong Bad and Wallace and Gromit.

I've said this before, but I love watching Telltale evolve from working with smaller licenses such as Bone, Telltale Texas Hold'em, etc, to larger licenses such as Wallace and Gromit and Back to the Future.

In addition to the various seasons of games by Telltale, I also like to play Garry's Mod, Team Fortress 2, Monday Night Combat, Super Meat Boy, and the classic Sonic games among other things.

• Hi im yoman45135

Im a gamer (no duh)
    First game console i played is sega megadrive
    My current hobby which i like to tell everyone for some reason is, rpg designing nothing that intresting but i find it fun so...

(Im a evil VERY VERY EVIL MAN MWHAHAHA no im not...)

Hi im jim im a social reject.

• Name is Jan, from Germany.
    joined in December and thought it's time to introduce myself.
    I am a funloving 29 years old guy, married, 2 kids and living a nice live.
    Video gamer since the old commondore aswell as the NES.
    Sam and Max fan aswell as monkey island.
    Just played SBCG4AP and loved it too.
    Movie collector.
    ...ehhm what else? nothing important ,really that's it.

• Hi, I'm trocks, and I'm from the New England area. I've been floating around the Telltale forums for some time now and decided that it's time to get a little more involved. I'm not a big gamer, so I only discovered Telltale with the news of a new Back to the Future game a few months back. I am a fan of Back to the future, a bigger fan of Jurassic Park, and an eager new comer to The Walking Dead series. So, neddless to say, I've been hanging around these forums a lot lately. With that said, I'll see you out there!

• I'm 18, from Missouri. Been posting on forums since I was 13, and enjoy science fiction, video games, webmastering. I'm in my senior year of high school and soon after to attend college with a major in either paleontology or psychology.

Add Comment