User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island Season 2 Speculation and Suggestion Thread

posted by Important-Looking Pirate on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 19.2K users

When's that scheduled for then? :D

564 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sorry I just joined but will say something

Dear Lucas Arts,
    I have been playing the monkey island games since Curse was released and I have enjoyed them all. I really did enjoy Tales, and it’s a game that everyone can play. I think that you should continue on with the series and let TellTale make another game. You would make so many people happy.

Sincerely,
    Ben Hannibal

• How many letters do we have so far?

• Well considering ToMI is TTG's most popular game, won them the most awards and made the most money of all their games, I am certain there will be a season 2. Lucas Arts also made lots of money off the game and it required no effort for them, so I would be surprised if they objected to making more, as they get money for nothing.

• I have a feeling we are probably making TTG very happy by showing them how much anticipation there is a for a sequel to TMI (whatever it shall be titled, as certainly they will not go with TMI again). I personally think we will almost definitely know about a future MI game by the end of the summer.

• February 2012 is my bet for an announcement. After they're mostly all done with these 7 projects they're taking on, I'm sure their focus will shift to 'Monkey Island'. I can't imagine they'd keep us waiting any longer.

• Dear LucasArts.

The tale begins on a cold and dark winter day in the very northern part of Sweden many many years ago. A teenager sits behind his computer awaiting an installation process to finish. The rest is history...
    The teenager was I and the game was The Curse of Monkey Island. Ever since that day I have been utterly amazed by how captivating, fun and entertaining an adventure game can be. In my opinion Monkey Island is The Game (notice the capital T and G!) to which no other game can compete.
    I have the utmost respect for what your company has created and I'm confident that you will keep going down the very same road that you started back in 1990.

Thank you for listening!

Sincerely,
    Marcus Israelsson

• Dear Lucasarts,

You used to make all sorts of amazing games that did not involve lightsabers. Now I'm not saying that Star Wars games should disappear, but please, give Monkey Island, Maniac Mansion, and Indiana Jones another shot at adventure game glory.

• are you guys asking for lucas arts to make another monkey island game or for telltale?
    most likely telltale didn't want to make another monkey island game because they wanted to focus on bigger games.

• I think if it were out of the question for Telltale to ever make another Monkey Island, someone would have posted that by now, to save us the trouble. When Telltale remains silent on things, it means no promises either way.

• @hamza721 said: are you guys asking for lucas arts to make another monkey island game or for telltale?
    most likely telltale didn't want to make another monkey island game because they wanted to focus on bigger games.

You mean like Puzzle Agent, Hector and Fables?

Add Comment