User Avatar Image

The Time Train

posted by Jtucker1789 on - last edited - Viewed by 281 users

Hey guys, I was just wondering if it puzzled you as much as it does me that Doc stayed with Clara in 1885, but somehow managed to find the resources to build a time travelling train..lol. When it took him years to build the Delorean. I'm sure there are many possibilites but I was just curious what you all thought. :confused:

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Spengler56 said: The only reason I thought he could repair the Delorean was because I thought maybe he could gotten working parts from the Delorean Marty brought back. But that's a big maybe.

Why would he though? At the time the plan is to go back to the future with marty, he only gets left behind due to clara.

• @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: Why would he though? At the time the plan is to go back to the future with marty, he only gets left behind due to clara.

That's true, that's why it's a big if.

• when marty arrived in 1985 there are two deloreans at the same time. i wonder why they didn't take the fuel of the second time machine (which was hit by the lightning and then hidden by doc) and put it in the repaired version from 1955 to be able to drive. taking away the fuel would not change the future where marty and 1955-doc find the hidden delorean.

• that was explained, you leave a car over a long period of time with fuel still in the tank the car would get broken, doc would of known to drain the fuel out, also he would been worried about damaging the delorean whilse going in the cave.

• Doc had already buried it by the time Marty went back to 1885. When leaving a vehicle sitting there for that long, you don't want fuel sitting in it. Doc probably drained the fuel before burying it.

• @church1138 said: Doc had already buried it by the time Marty went back to 1885. When leaving a vehicle sitting there for that long, you don't want fuel sitting in it. Doc probably drained the fuel before burying it.

But knowing Doc, I would think he would have kept or used it for something else.

• @yoman45135 said: that was explained, you leave a car over a long period of time with fuel still in the tank the car would get broken, doc would of known to drain the fuel out, also he would been worried about damaging the delorean whilse going in the cave.

Did they explain that in the movie? Never thought of this before, can't seem to remember it :-)

• @Toothrot said: Did they explain that in the movie? Never thought of this before, can't seem to remember it :-)

No they didn't, its just general knowledge.

• I don't think doc would have much problem building his own version of mr fusion even with it not being his invention. He did say he could rebuild the fuel injection manifold in a month.

• So...I'm sure there's a better forum for something like this....but I figured I would post this here and see what happened.

So to start off...I've never been a fan of the ending of Back to the Future 3. Jennifer needs everything explained....and Doc naming his kids Jules and Verne...I dunno....just kinda felt lame....Anyways.....

How did Doc Brown get out of 1885? I have no problem with him getting a train up to 88 miles an hour. I mean he clearly did it to get the DeLorean back to 1985. But how did Doc Brown create a Flux Capacitor and everything to get a train to time travel? I'm just curious if there is any definitive answer to this.

Add Comment