User Avatar Image

Hit the pipe?

posted by The Highway on - last edited - Viewed by 3.9K users

I can't manage to do it to get the "soup" to roll down. I have been trying this puzzle for over an hour and I'm assuming a bad puzzle design, but I really need to do this.

76 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I did some messing around, and it seems to me like it may be based on the hint level that's currently set. I waited for a long time with a 0 hint level, and nothing happened. But when I increased my hint level to 4, the knocking on the pipe cutscene happened immediately.

Unlike most of the other suggestions in this thread, this one makes a little sense. The hint level increases the frequency of certain types of events. These events are usually someone voicing a hint out loud, but presumably they can be any sort of periodic event. It looks like the "frequency at hint level 0" setting for the pipe knocking was set way too low, resulting in, perhaps, the guy only knocking once in a blue moon for people with a hint level set to 0. The fact that you need him to knock on it first, combined with the low knock rate, results in a major design flaw.

This would be an incredibly easy fix, I'm sure. Any idea if there's an official place to send a bug report?

• @NattyBumppo said: I did some messing around, and it seems to me like it may be based on the hint level that's currently set. I waited for a long time with a 0 hint level, and nothing happened. But when I increased my hint level to 4, the knocking on the pipe cutscene happened immediately.

Unlike most of the other suggestions in this thread, this one makes a little sense. The hint level increases the frequency of certain types of events. These events are usually someone voicing a hint out loud, but presumably they can be any sort of periodic event. It looks like the "frequency at hint level 0" setting for the pipe knocking was set way too low, resulting in, perhaps, the guy only knocking once in a blue moon for people with a hint level set to 0. The fact that you need him to knock on it first, combined with the low knock rate, results in a major design flaw.

This would be an incredibly easy fix, I'm sure. Any idea if there's an official place to send a bug report?

i always set the hint level in telltale games to 0 and had no probs at all with hitting the pipe.

• @PSI Guy said: I THINK I'VE FOUND IT.

Click on the alcohol barrels several times and the normal soup barrel several times, then go to the left. That worked for me.

I also did both for the several times like of what you did and i am very thankful that it worked for me too...................:winslow:

• I have literally tired everything. I have played it on a separate computer, restarted the game and played through the game twice on each machine. I can not get the cut-scene to show. I am at a loss can someone please help.

• DO NOT talk to Cue Ball until you have done everything else in the game that you can. If you talk to Cue Ball before you absolutely have to it will cause the glitch. You don't have to talk to anyone or click anything to trigger the cut-scene, you just have to walk around the corner to Emmett.

I have played it through this way several times without a problem after getting stuck the first 2 times I tried it.

I think the bug has something to do with Emmett, and whether or not he's there when you talk to Cue Ball the first time.

• have you tried walking over and talking to Emmit WITHOUT making the guy spice the soup? In other words, after you see the delivery cutscene, ignore cueball and go straight for Emmit.

• [quote=nattybumppo;446978]i did some messing around, and it seems to me like it may be based on the hint level that's currently set. I waited for a long time with a 0 hint level, and nothing happened. But when i increased my hint level to 4, the knocking on the pipe cutscene happened immediately.

This would be an incredibly easy fix, i'm sure. Any idea if there's an official place to send a bug report?[/quote]

i love you!

• Dunno... Both times it worked fine for me and I always have the hint level at 0.

• I think i got it !!

what i did was walk behind emmet and as soon as i held the Left Mouse button and moved the mouse marty began to walk (i haven't done so up til that point)
    as soon as he started walking the cutscene started !

• I have tried all of these, none have worked. Are there anyone from Tellgalegames that could provide a fix for this?

Add Comment