User Avatar Image

Doodo's Musings

posted by doodo! on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

Why when experiencing life dos the brain function with certain brain waves? How does it select those types of waves, what is the process behind this? I heard it's chemical response? In a healthy brain scan, they know what to look for...these waves light up on a scan like Christmas day.

Could a brain function using different waves for different activities than our average human brain selects? Are these waves truly ideal, for experiences, for reality, for these activities they are tied to? Must it be that way?

Is the brain ultimately a receptor for the layers of reality that it filters? How accurate is it, is it all entirely objective? Is it the only form of experience, reading these layers? Is it true observation, do we make a true, indisputable connection to reality?

Do these waves make a true connection to "reality" are their similar receiving waves outside of our human bodies? What is the universe made up of? Are we connected? Is it a issue of dimension?...??
Do our bodies, minds, brains, make waves that are actually on the same level as the objective plains of reality, existence?

These brain waves, are only from a impartially working, developed brain. The true brain power, the true evolution, creation of brain isn't truly present.Ultimately, we may not be connected to a truer, more comprehensive form of reality.

[quote=YA response]Brain "waves" are a name given to phenomena that are observed when measuring the brain via electroencephalographs and similar technology. The overall rise and fall of electrical potentials in localized areas. Because they're easily observed, they are useful in correlating brain states and brain function. But you shouldn't confuse them with how the brain works.

Similarly, an experienced mechanic could use the sound an engine makes to diagnose how it is operating. But we wouldn't ascribe the sound waves with any sort of utility to the engine. You could say that brain waves are indications of an overall pattern of activity within the brain.

The activity pattern is driven primarily through neural activity. That activity is signalling by discharge of an electrichemical potential in the neurons and by neurotransmitters. The activity at this scale is much faster and more fine-grained than simple chemical responses. But hormones and other chemicals do produce system-wide changes in activity as well.

So I might read your question as "could a brain function using different overall patterns for activities than our average human brain does". My opinion is yes and no.

Yes, it's entirely conceivable that a brain could exist that uses radically different techniques to process and use information that our brains do. In such a sense, the brain waves would be very different.

But at the same time, such a brain is not going to pop into existence in a human. Just like all the engines that Ford puts in cars work just about the same way, all human brains appear to have certain overall processing techniques that are very conservative (even if we don't understand the details of how the processing works).[/quote]

517 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You should get him to wear a hat... and a suit... and solve crimes and or mysteries with a hyperkinetic rabbity thing.

No but seriously how are you planning on achieving this? Also .... even more seriously... and I am not accusing you of anything... if harm comes to the dog I will be really disappointed in you.

• @coolsome said: hermes2.jpg
    That just raises further questions!

Quoted for Best Quote Ever.

• @Irishmile said: You should get him to wear a hat... and a suit... and solve crimes and or mysteries with a hyperkinetic rabbity thing.

That would take some doing. :D

This dog, he just doesn't seem to function in the right, or full capacity. So, I've started to experiment on him.

• If the dog scratches when he is itchy, eats when its hungry and waits at the door for you to come home.. its functioning right.

• The new agenda is unfolding. Man kind is almost ready to believe in spirits. Shows like Fact or Faked clearly show a scientific approach bearing spiritual evidence. The truth is unfolding, the agenda is changing.

Of all things paranormal, super natural, the silliest thing humanity refuses to at least be open minded to is spiritual existence. The agenda is changing, with in 100 years you we all believe.

• @doodo! said: The new agenda is unfolding. Man kind is almost ready to believe in spirits. Shows like Fact or Faked clearly show a scientific approach bearing spiritual evidence. The truth is unfolding, the agenda is changing.

Of all things paranormal, super natural, the silliest thing humanity refuses to at least be open minded to is spiritual existence. The agenda is changing, with in 100 years you will all believe.

If I live to be 121 I still wont belive in ghosts spirits sprites or any of that stuff!

• Have you noticed that over the years, there's a shocking amount of paranormal investigation , "ghost" (har har) shows on EVERY channel?

• @doodo! said: Have you noticed that over the years, there's a shocking amount of paranormal investigation shows on EVERY channel?

Theres also loads of cake shows on tv does that mean in 100 years the cake wont be a lie?

• @coolsome said: Theres also loads of cake shows on tv does that mean in 100 years the cake wont be a lie?

What? :p

This discussion has been closed.