User Avatar Image

Jurassic Park Mystery?

posted by JurassicGio on - last edited - Viewed by 7K users

Ok so we've all seen Jurassic Park 2 right? The part that always makes me wonder and sceratch my head is the ship scene where the ship crashes in the harbor and then malcolm checks and hes see the two arms on the wheel. In the movie they say that the rex killed the crew members... but if the rex really killed the crew members...wheres the damage? im a bit skeptical about that scene. I mean what were they thinking? that their audience wouldnt care much about it?? I honestly think that when they were writing the script originally raptors would of gotten on the ship and killed the crew.... but i dont know its just my opinion what do you guys think?

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Nitram said: If memory serves;

There was originally meant to be a scene that shows raptors onboard the ship. It was cut from the final film however, leaving the mysterious body parts in areas the T-Rex couldn't get to.

- Nitram

Give this man a cigar...or if he/she isn't a smoker, a roasted leg of T-Rex.

• Its funny... last night I watched the movie with my son... he was all like "wait a minute... how did the T-Rex get into that little room?"

• Actually you never see the other side of the bridge, just the one side so the rex could have crashed through it.

• im convinced it was a flesh eating bacteria and therefore just a coincidence.

• @Trenchfoot said: I don't care what Koepp or Spielberg say, I will always think a group of Raptors did it. Think about it, the way the hand is cutted is the same way as Arnold's hand was when Ellie found it in the shed.
    In fact, if the Raptors landed on San Diego and nobody noticed them, it could have been an awesome sub-plot.

However, the theory regarding this on JP-Legacy is that the Raptors killed the crew but then jumped into the ocean and drowned. Seems a stupid way to die for such intelligent animals....

Yet that still makes more sense than the T-rex doing it.

• @RexMaster said: NOPE! u guys are wrong, it actually said in the original script and stuff that it was raptors that stowed away on the ship which was a reference to the first novel and that was supposed to be showed in a scene on the ship but that never made it to the screen. What does make me wonder is where the raptors went... ooh that could make for a good comic miniseries! :D

This is a rumor that has been online for years, but I believe is fan-fueled. There's never been a version of the script, or any official source, that has given the "Raptors of the Ship" explanation, although it could be reconned later on, (and would make a good story as may have been mentioned in another thread ;)).

In the Making of TLW Book and Documentary, when the original endings were being discussed, I think they'd include something major like Raptors being involved.

Anyhoo, I personally love the whole Incident in San Diego; yes, the arrival of the Venture is an homage to Dracula, (as opposed to JP3, which gave us an homage...to...Peter Pan?), and what happened is supposed to be uncertain...we're looking at the aftermath of the animal attack and should be as unsettled as the characters.

What apparently happened was:

1. Captured male Rex kept on deck of Venture in the metal restraints that can be seen in background

2. Rex stops breathing, stimulant is administered

3. Rex wakes up, becomes a "locomotive", rampages around and eats the crew of the ship

4. With his last strength, an injured crewman lures the Rex into the cargo hold and closes the door on him before expiring

As for the hand on the wheel...it's a goof. There's no way the Rex could have eaten a guy who was that far inside without taking out the wheelhouse!

• I'm pretty sure the 'Venture' is supposed to be a nudge towards the ship by the same name from King Kong

• It is, it's a double homage...

The Venture is the ship which brings a captured Kong to New York, and the captured Rex to San Diego

In Dracula the ship Demeter arrives in a London port with no one aboard, the crew having been killed, and carrying the Undead King in the cargo hold; the Venture arrives with no one aboard, the crew having been killed, and carrying the Tyrant King in the cargo hold...

• I see, didn't know about that. Sorry :)

• @Trenchfoot said: I don't care what Koepp or Spielberg say, I will always think a group of Raptors did it. Think about it, the way the hand is cutted is the same way as Arnold's hand was when Ellie found it in the shed.
    In fact, if the Raptors landed on San Diego and nobody noticed them, it could have been an awesome sub-plot.

However, the theory regarding this on JP-Legacy is that the Raptors killed the crew but then jumped into the ocean and drowned. Seems a stupid way to die for such intelligent animals....

I agree, I also think Raptors made it onboard. At least juveniles, they even could've made it into the city! I also think some crew did survive but scrambled around the deck to the bottom of the ship when the Rex went on rampage. Some went into the holding area where the Rex followed them and got himself caught again, and knock out by the boat crashing into the port.

I also think the Cargo Doors may have had a Security Override that closed the door after a certain time, given the dangerous cargo they where transporting. The T-Rex collapsed very near arriving San Diego, not mid-trip. Thats why the boat was speeding into the port to arrive before the Dino died.

About the High Hide, its no problem to have the High Hide without the car, he could just lock the ropes to where the HH is swinging from, some sort of hook, or and anchor type object and he left with the car.

Add Comment