Basically, this is a topic discussing the community, and how and why people post on this forum? Basically, it's an odyssey, or journey, into the posting that goes on here every day. I'll try to keep this short and sweet and to the point. So, I've been doing some thinking about the forum. To be precise, the posting aspect of the forum. Posting is the heart of a forum. It is the whole reason a forum exists. People go to a forum to express their thoughts either on a certain subject or a series of subjects, in a group of like-minded people or at least people with some common interests.
However, I've noticed that in this forum, posting isn't so much a means of interacting with or communicating with others, nor is it a means of gaining new knowledge and insight from a group of other people. It's not even a way of exchanging ideas and thoughts. It just seems like, around here, people post to throw their opinion out loudly without caring what others think or say. It seems like posting here is some sort of self-serving, self-important way of feeling satisfied that one posted what one thinks. Like, "Woohoo, look at me, everybody! I got something to say! Look at me!" However, I'm very curious as to what sort of posts people prefer, what sort they read, what sort they write, etc, and perhaps that will shed more light on how people post here and how the community interacts and how healthy it really is.
Is that really the sort of forum you guys prefer? Self-absorbed posts with no care for exchanging ideas or interacting together as a community? Basically, this topic is intended as a study of forum posting here.
Some questions I want to put to everyone here and discuss.
1. Why do you post here?
2. What do you hope to gain from posting here?
3. Are you interested in being a part of the community, or are you only interested in what you think?
4. What kind of posts do you generally read?
5. What kind of posts do you generally avoid?
6. What kind of posts do you tend to write yourself, or avoid writing?
7. What do you respect or loathe most in posts?
8. Do you prefer long posts or short posts?
9. Why do you read a particular post?
10. Do you think the posts in this forum are of good quality or bad quality?
I tried to keep this post as short as possible, so, discuss.