User Avatar Image

Team Fortress 2

posted by Zootch on - last edited - Viewed by 6.2K users

It's awesome, right?
I was playing and, by chance, met up with Shauntron.

Anyone else play it?
Post your info page!

I got a lighter workload this year, so I guess I'll start posting here again.

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I've played for a few hours today and haven't gotten any of them.

• Looking at the 4 weapons now...
    I see the use for all of them, but I feel if I ever use one it would be the new soldier one. Not the demo/soldier sword. The one that heals teammates if they kill enough, but I'd rather use the battolians backup.
    The 4 hats look decent though, but I wont be getting those either since I prefer to use my metal on weapons;)

All in all it looks like I just have 4 new weapons to avoid. The only true threat being the soldier and scouts weapons.

EDIT:Ok playing a bit with the sword which dropped already for me. I hate it for the soldier, but as a demoknight sword it is great. I actually hit a problem where without the sword, I would have gotten my but whooped big time. I was one fire with about 10 health and I was able to decapitate the pyro and have my health back to outlast the burn. :D

• I love this update. I really do. The new weapons are awesome, and with a little tweaking, will be even better.

Favorite so far is the Fan o' War. Hitting someone marks them for death, meaning they take minicrits. In normal play, it's great trying to risk your life just to mark a heavy and then cover him in milk. In medieval, it's handy for marking dangerous foes like katana users and KGB heavies.

• I have NONE of the new weapons :(

• Yeah i actually love the katana thingie as Demoman ONLY.

When I played it as a soldier I hit so many situations where I was just a distance that i didnt reconize distance as well, missed, and now had to get into a gun fight with whoever with my sword.

The Demoman on the other hand, I could combine with the charge n targe and created a great system. For one thing I only had to worry about 2 weapons to switch, melee and pipe bombs. Then I can just charge people and destroy them. Then I also love the ability to heal after every kill. I actually hit a situation already that the only reason I lived was becuase of the sword(was on fire with 10 health and killed the pyro).

That sword has a great disadvantage, but an even greater reward for those that can use it.
    EDIT: Is anyone else having server issues? I have only found 1 server all day and it was bot filled.

• Hey guys something to consider.
    There is a new update today that adds 3 new hats.

These are actually special hats though.
    All proceeds go to red cross for the Japenese Earthquake victims.
    I feel you should at least buy 1 hat to show that you care.
    For once buying a hat will make you feel better in life.

• @Gman5852 said: Hey guys something to consider.
    There is a new update today that adds 3 new hats.

These are actually special hats though.
    All proceeds go to red cross for the Japenese Earthquake victims.
    I feel you should at least buy 1 hat to show that you care.
    For once buying a hat will make you feel better in life.

You failed to mention one of said hats costs $100.

• @Ribs said: You failed to mention one of said hats costs $100.

Why does it matter? It's ALL for charity.

• Because $100 is more than some of us can afford to spend, no matter how much we'd like to support the cause.

• @GuruGuru214 said: Because $100 is more than some of us can afford to spend, no matter how much we'd like to support the cause.

well there are 3 hats and the cheapest is under 8$. Nobody forces you to spend 100$ on a (imho really ugly) in-game-item.

Add Comment