User Avatar Image

BTTF for iPad 2

posted by maxwood on - last edited - Viewed by 317 users

Any chance of the BTTF games for iPad being re done for the iPad 2 now it's capable of better graphics?

I played the first episode a bit on the original iPad, it's pretty laggy and there's lots of jaggies. So just wondering.

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I am playing Episode 1 on iPad2 currently and it looks slightly choppy but otherwise pretty awesome. I like the controls alot.

Good job Telltale. Solid iPad game.

• They could've just stopped development on it, and send it to Google to be released for Honeycomb and newer. Android tablets seem to be even better than iPad/2, due to the makers focusing more on the processor and seperate GPU to offset the issue of Flash draining the battery too much. Apple said that the battery life of the iPad would definitely NOT be 8 hours or so if they had flash support. (Try, about 2~3.) This is also why Netbooks struggle to get to their advertised battery life. Mainly because of effects you slam onto the processor. Seeing as, currently, all netbooks are Intel, they don't really have two cores. They have one core, and one thread (according to linux, a thread is a core; but that is definitely not true, as Linux cannot use a thread as a core.)

• @coldReactive said: They could've just stopped development on it, and send it to Google to be released for Honeycomb and newer. Android tablets seem to be even better than iPad/2, due to the makers focusing more on the processor and seperate GPU to offset the issue of Flash draining the battery too much. Apple said that the battery life of the iPad would definitely NOT be 8 hours or so if they had flash support. (Try, about 2~3.) This is also why Netbooks struggle to get to their advertised battery life. Mainly because of effects you slam onto the processor. Seeing as, currently, all netbooks are Intel, they don't really have two cores. They have one core, and one thread (according to linux, a thread is a core; but that is definitely not true, as Linux cannot use a thread as a core.)

Comparison of iPad 2 GPU with the Tegra 2 that is shipping with a lot of Android tablets:
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/4216/apple-ipad-2-gpu-performance-explored-powervr-sgx543mp2-benchmarked

• You can't compare ipad 2 if it still uses 1024 x 768. Of course it would go faster if that was its max resolution. They should re-compare with all three at 1024 x 768.

• It would be nice if Episodes 2 of games come to iPad...
    If there will be only BTTF Ep1, i could not buy it, as for SamnMax and Monkey Island...

• @reanimatorx2 said: I am playing Episode 1 on iPad2 currently and it looks slightly choppy but otherwise pretty awesome. I like the controls alot.

Good job Telltale. Solid iPad game.

What are the graphics like? I played briefly on the original iPad but there were lots of jaggies, I'm guessing the graphics are the same but the game runs smoothly now?

I don't suppose they'd be improved in an update would they?

• @coldReactive said: You can't compare ipad 2 if it still uses 1024 x 768. Of course it would go faster if that was its max resolution. They should re-compare with all three at 1024 x 768.

Add 25% to the Xoom scores. Be wild and add 40%. The iPad 2's GPU still will have better scores.

• @numble said: Add 25% to the Xoom scores. Be wild and add 40%. The iPad 2's GPU still will have better scores.

It doesn't have flash :V

• @coldReactive said: It doesn't have flash :V

That has nothing to do with how well TellTale Games will run on the iPad/iPad 2.

• Speaking of android/tegra 2 tablets, when are telltale games coming to them? I am eagerly waiting ;-)

Add Comment