User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island Season 2 Speculation and Suggestion Thread

posted by Important-Looking Pirate on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 17K users

When's that scheduled for then? :D

564 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @StarEye said: You mean like Puzzle Agent, Hector and Fables?

This is what I was thinking :D. When it comes to adventure gaming, there isn't exactly anything much bigger than 'Monkey Island'. Though I suppose he's referring to 'BttF', 'JP' and 'The Walking Dead'. Even so, though, I'm sure that a new 'Monkey Island' game would probably sell an equal amount of copies as each of these three games will, especially since 'Tales...' brought so many new fans to the series.

So I don't really think "telltale didn't want to make another monkey island game because they wanted to focus on bigger games" is really correct. Because, to quote Yahtzee Croshaw, "if adventure games were a nation Monkey Island would be on the one dollar bill".

• I might get a lot of flak for this, but I want LucasArts to make the next game. I liked TMI well enough, but LA did a FANTASTIC job with LRSE. Like really really really good. The music was top notch, the graphics were beautiful. It was really awesome. Also, do you remember that promo video, in 3D? Can you imagine a whole game like that?! PERFECTION.

Now if we can convince them to have it take place where COMI ends and pretend like the stories of the last two never happened...

• @DeLuca said: Now if we can convince them to have it take place where COMI ends and pretend like the stories of the last two never happened...

I liked them both and why would they have to pretend they don't exist there's only a few references to past games in each title so I don't see why they would have to pretend they don't exist just take TMI's approach with EMI and made as lil reference as possible (and only if they wanted to take that approach cos I think all MI games are great)

• I justy want the series to become more of a Memoirs of Guybrush Threepwood, in that one game doesn't have to follow up on another. It's kinda how TOMI was, but every game from now on should be more like that. New stories, new adventures. Heck, I'd even see Guybrush going on an adventure all by himself, while Elaine stays home doing Governor work. Maybe Guybrush ends up in trouble, maybe a voodoo spell went horribly wrong (thanks to Guybrush being fairly forgiving when it comes to quality ingredients) and he opens up a portal that drags him in and he ends up stranded on some huge Island with only a very few civil inhabitants. Zombies, Skeletons, puzzles and ancient artifacts that needs to be combine in bizarre ways to help him open a portal to get back home.

Okay, here I am, making up potential stories in my head again. When will it ever stop!?

• Hi, can't we just have some people say there should be a MI5 and some not?
    You're all starting to sound like a democracy

• hey fellow guybrush freaks no wait make that fans lol. at any rate is there any word or any hint at all from tt games on if there are any plans or if a tales of monkey island season 2 are in the making? I bought the full tales of monkey island set off of d2drive and the last episode does the episodic cliffhanger leaving you wondering will there be more in the story line or will tt games do what penny arcade games did to on the rainslick precipice of darkness. I hope they continue with it.

• @Mordaki987 said: [...]is there any word or any hint at all from tt games on if there are any plans or if a tales of monkey island season 2 are in the making?

Hey, welcome to the forums!

No, I'm afraid there's been no word on a ToMI 2 being in production. All Telltale have expressed is their willingness to do a second season.

• that kinda sucks i still have my copy of ugh i forget the name of it it was the last of the monkey island series lucasarts did i just remember it was the first of the monkey island games done in 3d. it was also the first time i think myself or anyone had ever heard the name dario argento. if i spelled the name incorrectly please forgive me. at any rate i hope that lucasarts does end up giving the go ahead to do a season 2. I would be greatly disappointed if the game was left hanging where it is now. as that is basically what hothead games/penny arcade adevntures did with on the rainslick precipice of darkness episode 3. The canceled it and went on to make deathspank without any plans or notions to continue the episodic adventures of the 2 main characters. thanks for responding and hope to see more of guybrush in the future.

• @Mordaki987 said: that kinda sucks i still have my copy of ugh i forget the name of it it was the last of the monkey island series lucasarts did i just remember it was the first of the monkey island games done in 3d.

Escape from Monkey Island.

• yeah thats the one! lol 43 and my memory is already going lmao!

@coolsome said: Escape from Monkey Island.

Add Comment