User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island Season 2?

posted by Important-Looking Pirate on - last edited - Viewed by 14.4K users

When's that scheduled for then? :D

478 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • hey fellow guybrush freaks no wait make that fans lol. at any rate is there any word or any hint at all from tt games on if there are any plans or if a tales of monkey island season 2 are in the making? I bought the full tales of monkey island set off of d2drive and the last episode does the episodic cliffhanger leaving you wondering will there be more in the story line or will tt games do what penny arcade games did to on the rainslick precipice of darkness. I hope they continue with it.

• @Mordaki987 said: [...]is there any word or any hint at all from tt games on if there are any plans or if a tales of monkey island season 2 are in the making?

Hey, welcome to the forums!

No, I'm afraid there's been no word on a ToMI 2 being in production. All Telltale have expressed is their willingness to do a second season.

• that kinda sucks i still have my copy of ugh i forget the name of it it was the last of the monkey island series lucasarts did i just remember it was the first of the monkey island games done in 3d. it was also the first time i think myself or anyone had ever heard the name dario argento. if i spelled the name incorrectly please forgive me. at any rate i hope that lucasarts does end up giving the go ahead to do a season 2. I would be greatly disappointed if the game was left hanging where it is now. as that is basically what hothead games/penny arcade adevntures did with on the rainslick precipice of darkness episode 3. The canceled it and went on to make deathspank without any plans or notions to continue the episodic adventures of the 2 main characters. thanks for responding and hope to see more of guybrush in the future.

• @Mordaki987 said: that kinda sucks i still have my copy of ugh i forget the name of it it was the last of the monkey island series lucasarts did i just remember it was the first of the monkey island games done in 3d.

Escape from Monkey Island.

• yeah thats the one! lol 43 and my memory is already going lmao!

@coolsome said: Escape from Monkey Island.

• I doubt that Telltale have any good reason not to do season 2 eventually. The 25th anniversary edition came out not too long after tales was released and it sold like mad! Then they released monkey 2 special edition and that sold like mad too. Telltale take the hint this game is THE GAME we don’t require or want a sequel we MENTALY AND PHYSICALY NEED ONE! Please tell Lucas Arts to stop beating the decaying corpse of star wars by releasing crappy sequels (Force unleashed 2) and remake some classics or at least make a start on Tales season 2.
    P.S

Remakes needed manic mansion, Day of the tentacle, Full Throttle, the Dig.....you get the point

• @StarEye said: You mean like Puzzle Agent, Hector and Fables?

puzzle agent is one episode. Hector is probably going to be only two or three. Fable is more largely known then monkey island

• @hamza721 said: Fable is more largely known then monkey island

Didnt know about the comic till I saw the blog post. But the MI game is an old franchise and some people may have heard of it or saw it.

• I've never heard of Fables before this. I'm fairly sure Monkey Island is more known than Fables to gamers.

• we are closing in to THE DAY, so if anybody has a letter that he or she would like to post here, better do it quickly :D

Add Comment