User Avatar Image

Thank you Telltale!

posted by TomLoke on - last edited - Viewed by 3.3K users

This is my first time playing a telltale game, and I'm excited that it's going to be Back to the Future. Really hope to enjoy it today!

Don't really care if it's not released "on time" because hey, I have my own responsibilities so it's okay if I have to wait a few more hours or so. :)

119 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • How can you call this silly, This was a perfect idea.

Thank you telltale for making the first next gen back to the future game (that's good)

• It's just there are some of us thinking that such a classic franchise like Back to the Future deserves a better executed videogame. It's halfway there; many people that constructed and shaped the series are also in the production of this game, but there are things going horribly wrong, which does not also pay enough tribute to the people working passionately on the game- let alone the franchise itself. What hurts people more is that it's done by Telltale Games, a company that previously accomplished gathering a new fandom by doing a successful job at reawaking a cult genre of gaming industry.

I really don't want to sign it because I don't feel like it mirrors even one quarter of the capabilities of this company or the potential of this game.

• Thanks! I didn't know if people did this before or not. Just wanted to show appreciation and this was the best way I could hehe.

And to Falanca: I understand you're point, but things can ALWAYS be better. For what this is, it's awesome. A game of the franchise that casual and hardcore gamers alike can play, and have fun with.

But we all have our likes/dislikes :)

• @Falanca said: It's just there are some of us thinking that such a classic franchise like Back to the Future deserves a better executed videogame. It's halfway there; many people that constructed and shaped the series are also in the production of this game, but there are things going horribly wrong, which does not also pay enough tribute to the people working passionately on the game- let alone the franchise itself. What hurts people more is that it's done by Telltale Games, a company that previously accomplished gathering a new fandom by doing a successful job at reawaking a cult genre of gaming industry.

I really don't want to sign it because I don't feel like it mirrors even one quarter of the capabilities of this company or the potential of this game.

How about a nice 'Thank You" for their efforts then hmmmmm.

• @KoolMoeDee said: How about a nice 'Thank You" for their efforts then hmmmmm.

25 dollars of payment was more than enough thankfulness I can show for this game, to be honest.

• This thread was not made to critisize (not saying anyone is at all) or argue. It's to show appreciation. And if Falanca has his opinions, he is entitled to it.

I'm saying this because I can see this turning both ways lol

• To be honest I`m surprised it took this long for a BTTF game to come out. I'm also very surprised that telltale created it and that its a point and click game interface.

I mean with the success of the movies (back in the day and in the present) its funny that no other game developers have snatched up the rights and made one.

But this game is still a very good follow up from the movies and seeing as this game is the certified part 4 following the BTTF3 movie, it has wedged itself into the BTTF franchise that others will have to follow.

• I agree. It took a long time for them to snatch this up, but even so, there's not a whole lot you can do with a BTTF game in my opinion. To me this almost fits it perfectly without trying to overachieving...and failing!

• Thank you Telltale, Woohoo!! :D

• Thataboy silverwolf! Keep them coming.

Need more signatures. Surely there are people out there that are thinking like we do

Add Comment