User Avatar Image

Nintendo 3DS

posted by Dragonite87 on - last edited - Viewed by 5.7K users

Hi Guys

What do you think about the 3DS. Is it awesome or absolute rubbish.

Mod Edit

As per suggestion, here's a list of everyone's Friend Codes for the 3DS culled from 70-odd pages of posts.

flesk: 3668-7300-2634
Irishmile: 4167-4638-8175
Harold B: 5284-1418-3404
JedExodus: 1289-8200-5637
Jen Kollie: 3652-1134-0177
Secret Fawful: 5198-2523-2237
The Highway: 3695-0084-8559

If you don't want your code here, or it's changed, let me know and I'll update this. - Darth Marsden

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Friar said: Has anyone else had their 3DS crash on them yet? It happened to me three times yesterday. It came up with a black screen telling me an error had occurred, and told me to force-turn off the console. Apparently quite a few people have had similar problems. I'm hoping it's just a firmware issue. Everyone who has had the issue has the latest firmware. Although, pretty much everyone has that firmware anyway...

Now I'm definitely waiting til after E3!

• Nope, mine's been great. Were you playing a Ubisoft game? Because that's where it seems to be happening.

• Just got mine and am so far loving it.
    The 3d works great but it wont hurt me to turn it off if I must.
    The AR works pretty well along with the 3d photos.
    The pedometer seems a little off since it says I only have 8 steps and I have walked at least 20 with the thing.
    Face Raiders was cool.
    I feel massively insulted by my Mii from the photo, but Ill keep it as a reminder it isnt perfect:D
    Next up will be the 2 games I got.
    Street Fighter and Nintendogs and cats.

• @Gman5852 said: The pedometer seems a little off since it says I only have 8 steps and I have walked at least 20 with the thing.

Maybe your walking is too smooth for the pedometer to handle. O.o

• @Gman5852 said:
    The pedometer seems a little off since it says I only have 8 steps and I have walked at least 20 with the thing.

Seemed pretty close for me. It has to be closed to record steps.

• @DrRocketGenius said: Nope, mine's been great. Were you playing a Ubisoft game? Because that's where it seems to be happening.

Nope. Twice in AR games, and once in face raiders. It hasn't happened yet today. Mind you I've mainly been playing Okamiden. Still, if it happens again, and nintendo don't have a fix out by the end of the week, then I'll probably just pick up an extended guarantee. I'm not having a repeat of my DSi fiasco...

• @Friar said: Has anyone else had their 3DS crash on them yet? It happened to me three times yesterday. It came up with a black screen telling me an error had occurred, and told me to force-turn off the console. Apparently quite a few people have had similar problems. I'm hoping it's just a firmware issue. Everyone who has had the issue has the latest firmware. Although, pretty much everyone has that firmware anyway...

Actually it's funny you should say that, My DSi would times, not necssarily crash, but just frezze up on me and wouldn't let me do anything but just reset and then it would work fine. It mostly happened t me when i was playing "Rhythm Heaven." I don't know, maybe i flicked to hard or something.

• Messing around with the pedometer because I have a Mario Mii on the Wii saved that I would love to transfer over with the mario hat:D
    I need to beat the first level to get it. Im sure it takes 2 miis to kill the ghost Maximun so Ill need 400 steps and I am at 263 steps.
    Oooh i can go ahead and use the first life.

• The pedometre's a clever bit of gear. It encourages you to cart your 3ds about with you, so now Nintendo can say they're encouraging healthiness from the vidya, plus it means the Streetpass features may get a look in

So far though on my treks to and from work I haven't recieved any streetpass data as yet

Add Comment