User Avatar Image

Thank you Telltale!

posted by TomLoke on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

This is my first time playing a telltale game, and I'm excited that it's going to be Back to the Future. Really hope to enjoy it today!

Don't really care if it's not released "on time" because hey, I have my own responsibilities so it's okay if I have to wait a few more hours or so. :)

119 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Thank you for creating a Back to the Future game that doesn't resemble this abomination.

back-to-the-future-3-pc-game-screenshot.

The amount of time I wasted on the first level of "Back to the Future 3 - The Video Game" was ungodly.

Here's to you, Telltale.

*signs*

• That, and the original NES games were pathetic. Martin, mind my asking and quick offtopic, what system do you have it on?

• Honestly, I doubt we'll see too many signatures here. Not everyone who plays this game is a participant in the forums(a friend of mine hasn't come to the forums at all even though he has an account and the season pass). Plus I think some people are waiting for the full thing before passing final judgement.

That said, despite the difficulty(which I don't have a problem with, I hate not being able to beat a game) and the weird glitches(For the last time Edna, I chose Michael Corleone, not Sonny Crockett!), the game's story and the characters really keep me interested. This isn't like a Zelda game or a Halo game or a Call of Duty. Those are action-oriented games that don't necessarily over-focus on story(look at the first Zelda game). Nor is it something like GTA where the story is generally left alone by the player(I haven't beaten the story for GTA4 and never will). BTTF focuses purely on the story. That's what I wanted from this game. I wanted one last ride with Marty and Doc in the time machine. I wanted to see what terrific and terrible consequences their actions would have. TellTale has delivered so far. I love this game so far, and after the nausea inducing BTTF games on the NES, I am thankful to TellTale for producing this installment in one of my favorite franchises. Now, if JP turns out to be just as good, then that'll be another of my favorite franchises. Too bad TellTale can't touch Star Trek...

• Makes sense. Yes star trek would be awesome, but impossible saddly. However JP is looking to be awesome, and assuming the PS3 get's it in the fall time, that's where I'm going :). Haven't heard about an XBLA release for JP though.

• @DefiantEnd said: Makes sense. Yes star trek would be awesome, but impossible saddly. However JP is looking to be awesome, and assuming the PS3 get's it in the fall time, that's where I'm going :). Haven't heard about an XBLA release for JP though.

I wouldn't say impossible, but the competition for rights to make those games is bound to start heating up as interest in the series rises again next year.

• @Dragon King said: My first telltale game as well. Sadly I didn't even know this company existed until the announcement for a Back To The Future game. And I'm f*cking 20

Likewise, and I am 41 and I play games like this. I saw the ad through a game on facebook, called BTTF Blitz I believe? That's how I got interested in this.

• @Falanca said: It's just there are some of us thinking that such a classic franchise like Back to the Future deserves a better executed videogame. It's halfway there; many people that constructed and shaped the series are also in the production of this game, but there are things going horribly wrong, which does not also pay enough tribute to the people working passionately on the game- let alone the franchise itself. What hurts people more is that it's done by Telltale Games, a company that previously accomplished gathering a new fandom by doing a successful job at reawaking a cult genre of gaming industry.

I really don't want to sign it because I don't feel like it mirrors even one quarter of the capabilities of this company or the potential of this game.

I agree with you, and i think a few other things. i wont share thought i dont wana cause ww3

• Yes competition will definately heat up!

• @DefiantEnd said: Martin, mind my asking and quick offtopic, what system do you have it on?

Sega Genesis. Good times, good times...

• I love these games! They're amazing.

Add Comment