User Avatar Image

BTTF Ep 4: Double Visions Predictions thread (Spoilers Warning!)

posted by The Doc on - last edited - Viewed by 3.7K users

After playing Episode 3,I can clearly say Im very pumped for episode 4...I think Edna will somehow kill someone O.o

197 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: Bingo! It'll likely be FCB helping marty re create time travel but not go with him so we get the original doc back (I wonder if marty fixes the time line in 1931, does original doc re appear there?)

I would assume that even if FCB in in 1931, the original Doc would still appear as a result of fixing the timeline. Hence the title: Double Visions.

If this isn't possible, you wouldn't hear of an alternate marty being in bording school or that maths thing, he would be where original Marty is.

I know I am probably thinking too hard, but it is possible that you can have young Doc, FCB and old Doc in 1931 at the same time. The issue is what will FCB do? would he fade out or somehow get killed or something to make only 1 old Doc?

• @divisionten said: I knew Edna was crazy from day one, but she's so ridiculous that she would attempt to mindslave an entire town (as Biff said, they're planning to make Citizen Plus mandatory) just so she can have her world be perfectly manicured and orderly. No lost shoes.

She's someone I'd normally describe in a string of oh-so-clolrful four-letter words.

On a different note, something tells me Biff may actually be an ally in the next episode. He wanted to clock you, sure, but he wanted to clock Edna more.

I LOL'ed when he said he wanted to "beat down the Witch". LOL

Also Boobies was classic when he saw the confiscated pron.

• Well its still too early to tell what will happen in Ep.4 alot of the predictions are possible but from what we have seen in the preview we know this.

Marty tells Jenifer about him being from an alternate 1986

Marty has to rescue FCB so they can either repair the Delorean or build a new one using the orginal parts (hence the photo in the finale Outatime)

He has to convince young Emmet to stop dating Edna and focus on science

lets just hope we dont have to wait till the end of the month for Double Visions lol

• @PrivateJoker said: Like I said before. Assassinate Edna. Problem solved.

Like Doc said in episode 1, "It's About Time":
    @PrivateJoker said: Don't even think about it! Without my unjust incarseration, the events that sent you into the past might never happen, resulting in a paradox of continuum-shattering proporitons!

How can a paradox like that be avoided if someone is prevented from doing something that causedthe person who prevented it from happening to go back in time to prevent it from happening in the first place? It can only happen the same way an impossible triangle can be constructed in its 3D form: with a big, in this case temporal, gap.

The deaths that we have seen fixed in the movies and the game did not cause a paradox because the event that caused them to go back in time in the first place did not involve the deaths, i.e. in episode I(movie), Doc is shot(never really explained dead or not), and Marty goes off in the DeLorian forgetting that the time circuts were on, and ends up going... into the plot of episode 1. Then at the end, it is revealed that Doc had kept and repaired a letter that Marty wrote to him about what would happen, and had a bullet-proof vest on.

Wow, it's been a while since I've seen Episode I...

Then again... there is that issue of how that newspaper changed not to show Doc dead, and how Marty couldn't have seen that picture to know that Doc was going to be killed that specific date... Didn't Marty say, regarding the article,"Geez ...I gotta go rescue him!" just before the stacks of newspapers he was searching through toppled over and old Edna told him to get out? Doc has to be killed by gangsters the morning of June 14, 1931 if preventing something that causes someone to go back in time to stop it causes such a paradox, unless I'm missing something. Whether or not I'm correct about this paradox thing, someone is probably going to end up dead, preferrably Edna.

All this speculation about time paradoxes makes me want to do two things:
    1. Go to the future to play the next two episodes and not spoil it for this forum other than a few hints that anyone can assume based on what we know(sorry, but you know how time paradoxes go...)
    and 2. for some strange reason write up my own theory about a possible Zelda timeline...

Meanwhile, at the official website, they haven't updated the last character's sillhouette marked "coming soon!" in the characters section. It looks like the outline of Marty's character can fit into it perfectly. Could it be another version of Marty, perhaps a slightly older one?

• @Kamagawa said: I would assume that even if FCB in in 1931, the original Doc would still appear as a result of fixing the timeline. Hence the title: Double Visions.

If this isn't possible, you wouldn't hear of an alternate marty being in bording school or that maths thing, he would be where original Marty is.

I know I am probably thinking too hard, but it is possible that you can have young Doc, FCB and old Doc in 1931 at the same time. The issue is what will FCB do? would he fade out or somehow get killed or something to make only 1 old Doc?

it cant be FCB back in 1931 because if the timeline gets fixed, then the old doc will be gone for good and FCB will still remember the FCB timeline and have no memories of his previous time travels.

• @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: it cant be FCB back in 1931 because if the timeline gets fixed, then the old doc will be gone for good and FCB will still remember the FCB timeline and have no memories of his previous time travels.

I understand this, don't worry, I am just thinking too much.

Though if I am right, I think the writers will be better at explaining this line of thought properly.
    Perhaps I also watch too many movies and tv-shows involving timetravel.

just to reaffirm, I think you are right. I just like thinking of alternatives. And lets face it, the gun-shaped lighter shouldn't exist once you go back in time to arrest Kid, thus creating a paradox.

i still wonder who the person we chase in ep5 will be.

Btw, if you want me to properly explain my line of thought, let me know and I will make a seperate thread for it.

• @Kamagawa said: I understand this, don't worry, I am just thinking too much.

Though if I am right, I think the writers will be better at explaining this line of thought properly.
    Perhaps I also watch too many movies and tv-shows involving timetravel.

just to reaffirm, I think you are right. I just like thinking of alternatives. And lets face it, the gun-shaped lighter shouldn't exist once you go back in time to arrest Kid, thus creating a paradox.

i still wonder who the person we chase in ep5 will be.

I'm wondering that as well, i think the top suspects are edna or griff.

I think the gun should still exist, didnt kid get it from another crime family? Though Marty couldnt have acquired it without kid being free in 1986.

anyhow I think FCB will help marty re create time travel but have marty go back to 1931 alone. The hover conversions do not work on the time machine so we can rule out a flying delorean for most of episode 4 but if marty restores the timeline, that should restore the hover conversion.

• @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: I think the gun should still exist, didnt kid get it from another crime family? Though Marty couldnt have acquired it without kid being free in 1986.

But if Marty did have the fake gun/lighter, wouldn't they have found it while he was being frisked?

• Either they're going to fix the wrecked DeLorean, or they're going to find a duplicate of the original DeLorean buried under the theatre in 1931.

Add Comment