User Avatar Image

Which is the best Monkey Island game so far?

posted by presidentmax on - last edited - Viewed by 4.4K users

Since Tales of Monkey Island is now complete and can be viewed as a full 5th game i was curious what everyones opinion is on their favourite monkey island game so far?

86 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @hamza721 said: this is the definitive order

Lechuck's Revenge
    Curse of Monkey Island
    Secret of Monkey Island
    Tales of Monkey Island
    Escape From Monkey Island

That could be more or less exactly how I would list them, but I think I'd put Secret over Curse for no good reason other than it was the game that started it all, and I'd say both games are equally fantastic.

• Well as I didn't post it before, my list (which is doesn't use nostalgia and go's honestly by the game itself) is:

1. Tales of Monkey Island
    2. LeChucks Revenge Monkey Island 2
    3. Curse of Monkey Island
    4. The Secret of Monkey Island
    5. Escape From Monkey Island

But really I think the MI's fit into 3 groups 'perfect', 'great' and 'good' and I'd say ToMI, Curse and MI2 are in the 'perfect' tier and MI1 is in the 'great' tier. MI1 was of course once as perfect as the others, but imo it's a little slower paced now and just isn't quite as smooth (of course it will always have nostalgia appeal though).

So the fact that these 4 are so great actually makes me feel a little sorry for EMI, as it still fits in as a 'good' game, but it's just not up to the standards of the others. Due largely to the story, the plot holes and the 'kiddie' feel that comes across at times.

But overall all I can say is the Monkey Island series as a whole is perfect. :D

• Escape easily. (hey, guys!)

• ^

are you saying that because your serious or are you trying to piss everyone off?
    '

• @hamza721 said: ^

are you saying that because your serious or are you trying to piss everyone off?
    '

Probably both:D

• Having an unpopular opinion isn't the same as being a troll, folks. Escape was a decent game, but a bad Monkey Island game imo.

• @Alex IDV said: Having an unpopular opinion isn't the same as being a troll, folks. Escape was a decent game, but a bad Monkey Island game imo.

I liked Escape better Secret.

• @hamza721 said: ^

'

Why would it piss everyone off? Seriously Escape wasn't THAT bad, it just wasn't as good as the others. But aside from that if that's someone's opinion then their entitled too it.

• Escape is simply the best, and I love the way most of you get pissed off when I state the truth.

• @thin029 said: Escape is simply the best, and I love the way most of you get pissed off when I state the truth.

look that is just plain not true. I doubt you actually think it is really the best. Monkey island 2 is the best. There is no arguing with that

Add Comment