User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Song(s) You Heard

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 3.3K users

I don't know how far this topic'll go, but it could be interesting. I guess it depends how often you guys listen to music; I do it every day!

I'll start. You can post links too if you want. I mostly only ever listen to songs I like, so this list might end up being rather silly. :D

Under the Boardwalk - Bruce Willis and the Temptations - 11/11

Joy to the World - Three Dog Night - 11/11

La Bamba - Ritchie Valens - 11/11

Devil Woman - Bruce Willis - 9/11

Sinner's Prayer - Bruce Willis, BB King, and Billy Preston - 10/11

Everybody Jam! - Scatman John - 11/11

Snow Road - Yuka Tsujiyoko - 9/11

Friday - Rebecca Black - 0/11 Because it's the cool thing to say.

285 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The Dwarven Noble Theme from Dragon Age: Origins. Probably my favorite of the origin stories in Dragon Age, and I love how the music complements the militaristic style of the city and civilization. 8.5/10

• Shin kicker by rory gallagher 10/10
    Infact all of his stuff gets a 10 because he's irish AND has awesome under rated skills to the max

• @GeorgeC said: Shin kicker by rory gallagher 10/10
    Infact all of his stuff gets a 10 because he's irish AND has awesome under rated skills to the max

Go listen to Gary Moore.

• The Shape Of Things To Come - Battlestar Galactica OST, Bear McCreary - 9/10

Probably my favorite song on my favorite show. I absolutely love this track. It has the perfect blend of mystery and portent for the scene in which it's featured, and the aesthetic value of the song itself lends it to easy listenability.

• @GeorgeC said: Shin kicker by rory gallagher 10/10

I know people who played with Rory gallagher, apparently he was a bit of a bully boy.

• Iron Maiden - "When the Wild Wind Blows" - 10/10
    And with this, I've finally concluded my chronological listening of Maidens entire catalogue. And on what better note to do so? This song is easily within my top 5 Maiden tracks, and one of my top 10 tracks of all time. This is probably one of the most profound things Steve Harris has ever written; the lyrics are great and deep, and the music at the beginning end of the track is hauntingly beautiful. I really love this track, and if 'The Final Frontier' were to be Maiden's last album, then this would be the perfect swansong.

Nine Inch Nails - "Mr. Self Destruct" - 9/10
    Good stuff, good stuff. Not the best track on 'The Downward Spiral' (that honor goes to "Hurt"), but still pretty darn good. Great lyrics too.

@JedExodus said: I know people who played with Rory gallagher, apparently he was a bit of a bully boy.

A considerable amount of the world's best musicians aren't squeaky clean. Like that one guy who springs to mind whenever the words 'asshole' and 'lead vocalist' are used in the same sentence.

• Alestorm - "Death Before the Mast" - 10/10
    I can't not love this stuff. I love pirates and love metal. So when the two are combined, along with some good songwriting, and a certain degree of intentional goofiness, it just results in an incredibly likeable form of music. This track here is one of my favourites from 'Captain Morgan's Revenge'.

Dream Theater - "Peruvian Skies" - 10/10
    A somewhat uneventful first half sets up for a second half of amazing Deep-Purple-meets-Metallica riffage. This is one of the best tracks off of one of Dream Theater's worst albums.

Christophe Heral - "Thoughtful Reflections" - 10/10
    Quite beautiful, really. If you don't feel anything when listening to this, I don't think you're fully human. I loved/love 'Beyond Good & Evil', and the soundtrack is simply brilliant, and compliments the atmosphere of the game perfectly. I encourage all appreciators of good music to go and download it (free and legally!).

• @Hayden said: A considerable amount of the world's best musicians aren't squeaky clean. Like that one guy who springs to mind whenever the words 'asshole' and 'lead vocalist' are used in the same sentence.

Yeah, but it doesn't mean it's okay. SHAME ON RORY'S CORPSE!!

Add Comment