User Avatar Image

If you had the Jurassic Park license...

posted by Turanoceratops on - last edited - Viewed by 516 users

and a team of 50 or more skilled and experienced developers what kind of Jurassic Park game would you program?

jurassic_park__the_river_by_vanoxymore-d

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Stop bashing the gameplay, people. SERIOUSLY. The main issue with games these days is that NOBODY CAN TELL A FUCKIN STORY. Don't gun down game developers that are honestly trying to tell a good story, and evolve the gameplay so that it's the most memorable way to experience. Honestly? If it wasn't for Telltale, do you honestly believe we'd get a Jurassic Park story worth mentioning? No. We'd have "OHHHH! We're stuck on an island with dinos! Let's shoot shit until a helicopter picks us up eventually!!!!1"

Kinda annoyed. >l

• @DustyBoy87 said: Stop bashing the gameplay, people. SERIOUSLY. The main issue with games these days is that NOBODY CAN TELL A FUCKIN STORY. Don't gun down game developers that are honestly trying to tell a good story, and evolve the gameplay so that it's the most memorable way to experience. Honestly? If it wasn't for Telltale, do you honestly believe we'd get a Jurassic Park story worth mentioning? No. We'd have "OHHHH! We're stuck on an island with dinos! Let's shoot shit until a helicopter picks us up eventually!!!!1"

Kinda annoyed. >l

Amen to that

• @DustyBoy87 said: Stop bashing the gameplay, people. SERIOUSLY. The main issue with games these days is that NOBODY CAN TELL A FUCKIN STORY. Don't gun down game developers that are honestly trying to tell a good story, and evolve the gameplay so that it's the most memorable way to experience. Honestly? If it wasn't for Telltale, do you honestly believe we'd get a Jurassic Park story worth mentioning? No. We'd have "OHHHH! We're stuck on an island with dinos! Let's shoot shit until a helicopter picks us up eventually!!!!1"

Kinda annoyed. >l

I REALLY dont think people are bashing anything OR complaining that it wasn't an FPS. I think we all have the opinion that the ability to walk around would allow more immersion into the environment. I'm slightly disappointed BUT I have the utmost confidence that TellTale will make us really enjoy the format they've chosen. And I KNOW the story will be awesome!:)

• @FPug said: I REALLY dont think people are bashing anything OR complaining that it wasn't an FPS. I think we all have the opinion that the ability to walk around would allow more immersion into the environment. I'm slightly disappointed BUT I have the utmost confidence that TellTale will make us really enjoy the format they've chosen. And I KNOW the story will be awesome!:)

Very true, but take a look at the videos posted on youtube, and you'll see all the posts made by idiots complaining about either the graphics or the fact that it's not a FPS. Thankfully, that garbage hasn't happened here, but elsewhere, it's widespread

• OH! I thought he was talking about members here. Yeah, there are a lot of haters on YouTube....I don't fully understand why.

• @FPug said: OH! I thought he was talking about members here. Yeah, there are a lot of haters on YouTube....I don't fully understand why.

Because the gaming nation in general is slowly declining in intelligence. Gaming used to be about the experience, and it used to challenge the mind. Now it's just flashy overrealistic graphics and the same overused FPS engine. Mind you, there are still some great games out there, but the majority of the rest are going to fall into this category. Personally, my hat's off to the group here at Telltale for at least trying something different, especially with Jurassic Park.

Kinda annoyed. >l

That's exactly how I feel.

• People on YouTube hate on everything imaginable, and usually for no apparent reason. 99% of the time their comments are such articulate, intellectually-stimulating fare as "GHEY"!!! :cool::p

• I would invent a complete new genre...
    I hope developers from other firms will not read and steal my ideas :)

The JP game i would like to see is about to survive as a dinosaur (carnivore) hatchling. You have to hide, you have to hunt, you have to drink, you have to defend your nest/ territory against other Dinosaurs. The longer you survive the bigger you get. As an adult you have less enemies. You can threaten other smaller carnivore dinos (to get their prey) or you can hunt bigger herbivores. You can also pair with the opposite gender and give your genes to your offspring (and play with one of them after you are dead).
    Social animals like the Raptors can communicate and hunt together. The adult T-Rex has no enemies so no fears.

The game takes place on the Isla Nublar. You can see many known places like the visitor center from the film. There is also a day and night system.

hide_from_the_ripper_by_r_dario.jpg

just a little sneak preview of my idea.

• @Turanoceratops said: I would invent a complete new genre...
    I hope developers from other firms will not read and steal my ideas :)

The JP game i would like to see is about to survive as a dinosaur (carnivore) hatchling. You have to hide, you have to hunt, you have to drink, you have to defend your nest/ territory against other Dinosaurs. The longer you survive the bigger you get. As an adult you have less enemies. You can threaten other smaller carnivore dinos (to get their prey) or you can hunt bigger herbivores. You can also pair with the opposite gender and give your genes to your offspring (and play with one of them after you are dead).
    Social animals like the Raptors can communicate and hunt together. The adult T-Rex has no enemies so no fears.

The game takes place on the Isla Nublar. You can see many known places like the visitor center from the film. There is also a day and night system.

i thought of a similar idea a while ago,but it should be just a game mode ,not the whole game because there wouldn't be much story in it now would it? it would work only on Isla Sorna(because dinosaurs are free and in larger numbers) not Nublar(though it could have like a small campaign where you get to play the events from all the movies from the dinosaur point of view) and it shouldn't only feature carnivores as playable dinosaurs;some herbivores like stegosaurus or triceratops would be nice too;maybe even a pterosaur would work nicely;it would make a nice multiplayer addition as well:imagine playing as carnivores vs herbivores or dinosaurs vs humans (something like AvP),even co-op modes;also if you play with the raptors you should be the alpha male and give 'orders' to the other raptors like to follow you,or to charge ,ambush prey stuff like that....anyway Carnivores:CityScape tried something similar but it wasn't that great....it would require a lot of work but it would add great replay value to a Jurassic Park game.

Add Comment