User Avatar Image

Getting into speak easy

posted by MetalGearfan1983 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

Alright, I'm back in 1931 in Hill Valley where I'm supposed to go back to the new speak easy and I'm having a bit of trouble trying to get myself in the door with Matches asking me these questions.

How do I correctly answer him to gain access into the speak easy?

Thanks for any help you can give me :)

16 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Something to keep in mind that I missed on my first few attempts is that there are many options to choose from, and not just the four or whatever shown. The down arrow initially escaped notice.

• Wasn't this puzzle used in one of the Monkey Island games? :-) It baffled me at first but when I looked at the note I got it AND I remembered I'd seen it before.

• i just used trial & error and memorized some of the questions & anwers.

• ReDi, you're thinking of the gambling club puzzle on Phatt Island. It's got similarities but works from a very different angle. "If this is three (shows five fingers), what's this (shows two fingers)?" I won't say the answer just to bug the people who never played Monkey Island.

Also, Cyphox, that sounds like a really boring way to do it. The pattern was a lot easier to figure out if you had that helpful sheet from the under-renovation speakeasy.

• I'm stuck at this part too. i guess ill try it again.

• @ReDi said: Wasn't this puzzle used in one of the Monkey Island games? :-) It baffled me at first but when I looked at the note I got it AND I remembered I'd seen it before.

Yes, this is a near re-hash of the "if this is (blank), then this is...?" puzzle from Monkey 2.

• The only think you have to worry about is the last word of the phrase coming from the doorman. Also, thankfully, you only have to do this puzzle once.

• Another tip for your next play through, if it isn't nailed down, take it.

• I never grabbed the note, but figured out the wordplay easily enough. The "look over the counter" option seemed a little too risky in that scene.

• Q: What will you do if I break your leg?

A: Leggo your Eggo.

Q: What will you do if I let you inside?

A: Sidle up to your boss.

Q: What will you do if there's a raid?

A: Radio for help.

Q: What will you do tomorrow?

A: Row my boat.

Q: What will you do when I send you away?

A: Wait until Wednesday.

Q: Where are you going?

A: Inglewood.

Q: Where did you come from?

A: From Russia, with love.

Q: Where do you live?

A: Livermore.

Q: Where do you want to be tomorrow?

A: Rome.

Q: Where you born?

A: Borneo.

Q: Who died and made you boss?

A: Boss Hogg.

Q: Who gave you the right to knock on my door?

A: Doris Day.

Q: Who is the King of Siam?

A: Am I.

Q: Who said you were worthy?

A: The old gray mare.

Q: Who told you to come here?

A: Hieronymous Bosch.

Add Comment