User Avatar Image

Do Telltale have any respect for iPad gamers who bought BttF ep1..? Doesn't seem like

posted by PandaBear on - last edited - Viewed by 454 users

So there's no denying it - Back to the Future runs like garbage on the iPad, but hey that's my fault for not owning an iPad 2 right? And over a month after it's release there's no sign of a patch. If Infinity Blade, a game that looks incredible, can run ok surely this game can.

Episode 2? Forget it, looks like they've abandoned us AGAIN like they did with Sam & Max. Some of you say that the reason there's no extra episode of Sam & Max after the first is because of it's size. The game Riven is over 1Gb on the app store so sell that LIE somewhere else.

I'd be willing to pay for BttF ep2 on iPad, I can't play it any other way, and some may call me a whiner, but I PAID for the first episode, which runs like crap and they KNOW people buy this stuff to get the full series. So to cut them off after ONE game us a real slap in the face.

You guys make EXCELLENT games. Really, I love how you bought back Marty and Doc for one last adventure. But I feel so let down because if I owned a PlayStation 3, a better computer or to a lesser extent an iPad 2 I'd be treated to a better experience. I just wanted episode 2 so much, but I doubt I'll see it anytime soon.

tl;dr -- is the iPad just a dumping ground for failed experiments? Or will we get a GOOD version of BttF ep2 soon?

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @hamza721 said: Buy on pc

Wow! So helpful! And so insightful too! ... ... you idiot. As if ANYONE would complain about it sucking on their platform (iPad or PS3) if they could get it on PC easily. Seriously, think then post.

Also, I'm impressed that a member of the Telltale team responded to my complaint, so thank you for that!

I feel bad that my first post here is so negative when I do actually like Telltale's games, but I nearly two months after Episode 1 of BttF, and suddenly this monthly game (as it says in the game's App Store description) is not so, well, monthly. I get that Apple can hold up apps with their certification, but you guys have plenty of experience now with them so that's not really a good excuse.

Anyway, love BttF and I want more! So here's hoping we get Ep 2 soon and it runs better than Ep 1!

• No matter how people construct their thinking patterns...let's keep it nice and without insults, okay? Thank you.

• @Pandabear

i'm no expert with apple devices so i could be wrong. But i used to know on the iphone that certain "memory boosters" which really helped with games.

iPad 2 has a 512MB RAM right? (Internal RAM). I think this is the issue why it could be running like "Crap".
    iPad 1 has 256MB RAM.

Task killing can also help, its just a matter of freeing up as much memory as possible.

Example :

http://appfinder.lisisoft.com/app/a-free-memory-booster.html

• Hey guys! Episode 2 has been submitted to Apple for its approval process. As I said in the other thread, no release date to announce just yet, but it's coming soon! :)

• @Trackah123 said: @Pandabear

i'm no expert with apple devices so i could be wrong. But i used to know on the iphone that certain "memory boosters" which really helped with games.

iPad 2 has a 512MB RAM right? (Internal RAM). I think this is the issue why it could be running like "Crap".
    iPad 1 has 256MB RAM.

Task killing can also help, its just a matter of freeing up as much memory as possible.

Example :

http://appfinder.lisisoft.com/app/a-free-memory-booster.html

Yeah, I can see what you mean. But even when I shut down all my apps and reset my iPad poor old BttF still runs really bad. I'd love an iPad 2 ... but I should probably pay my power/rent/fuel bills first haha ... that app is interesting though ... seems to have bad reviews but I'll look into more like that .... thank you for that!!

EDIT: Went looking -- found this for anyone who's interested :: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xsysinfo-device-booster/id354129029?mt=8#

@Trackah123 said: Hey guys! Episode 2 has been submitted to Apple for its approval process. As I said in the other thread, no release date to announce just yet, but it's coming soon! :)

As long as it's coming I'm happy ... really looking forward to this.

• Yes thats a good one too.

You dont have to reset the ipad tho, usually with these programs you just shut it down so it frees up memory and youre ready to go instantly without rebooting or anything.

But if you reboot again, then you have to run the memory-optimizer again. Because during boot everything is loaded into memory again.

• @Trackah123 said: Yes thats a good one too.

You dont have to reset the ipad tho, usually with these programs you just shut it down so it frees up memory and youre ready to go instantly without rebooting or anything.

But if you reboot again, then you have to run the memory-optimizer again. Because during boot everything is loaded into memory again.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xsysi...54129029?mt=8# --> so i downloaded this app and used it on my iPad.

I booted up BttF to see if it ran any better. To my surprise it actually did.

I reset my closed all my apps, reset iPad, ran that app, cleared the memory (which went from 90mb or so free to around 128mb free) and booted up BttF.

Now it DID run better, BUT the voices were still out of sync, and big action sequences (like Marty on that bike) would still grind like crazy. Walking around the town square was a little better though.

So if anything I'd say the game still needs work (performance wise, gameplay wise I still love it!), but that app is actually better than I thought it would be.

Thanks for the suggestion Trackah.

• Your fault for buying the iPad in the first place :P

• I like it when people help each-other, our forum members are awesome! :D

I wish I had an iPad... but it's so expensive!

• @Silverwolfpet said: I like it when people help each-other, our forum members are awesome! :D

I wish I had an iPad... but it's so expensive!

and useless

Add Comment