User Avatar Image

Questions for the Walking Dead team!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 23K users

Hey guys, I know it's still early days on this project, and we're a ways off from talking about anything concrete, but it seemed like as good a time as any to start an official Q&A thread!

In all honesty there isn't a lot we can talk about yet -- we were going to do press for the game at PAX East last month, but held off when we realized that our answer to almost any conceivable standard press question would be "no comment, yet" -- but I trust you guys to rise above the standard questions, and come up with some Walking Dead stuff we can discuss, so have at it. Ask away!

1.3K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • My usual question:
    Languages?

Sorry, I'm still Italian. :P

• Are there attempts to get the Television actors involved, or are you going to attempt a completely new cast?

• @Smokemonster said: Can you say please when we'll can see first screenshot(s) from the game? I can't wait to see what is like! :)

If it's in such an early stage of development that the team is still this small, screenshots are likely a decent while in the future.

• So is Chuck back at Telltale then?

• 1) How the gameplay will be different from JP?
    2) Visually what do you think it has to achieve?
    3) What does interests Chuck so much to return for this game?
    4) For this game do you think you'll have more time than the usual TT developing cycle now that TT is getting bigger?
    5) What's the biggest fear for a game designer working with zombies?

• Let me think. It's hard to think up a good question since I know most stuff you're not at liberty to answer. Hmm...

OK, here's one. I always found one of Telltale's biggest selling points to be the humor. You've mostly dealt with silly licenses (Sam and Max, Homestar Runner, Monkey Island) in the past. However, The Walking Dead is a very serious work, and what little humor it has is of the dark variety. Are there any particular challenges with taking on a serious franchise (this applies to Jurassic Park as well as The Walking Dead)? Do you think the people who play Telltale's products to laugh be able to enjoy this as much as your previous, lighter efforts?

• User Avatar Image
    seanvanaman Telltale Staff

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm readin' these and there will be answers IN YOUR FUTURE!

• @seanvanaman said: Just wanted to let you all know that I'm readin' these and there will be answers IN YOUR FUTURE!

OMG!! You are so hinting that there will be a tie-in between this and BTTF aren't you.

• Great to see Chuck Jordan back in action!

I don't really know what to ask in here. Perhaps you guys could tell us a bit about what makes making a Walking Dead game exciting to you, and what you're hoping to achieve with your game. Can we expect a regular adventure game, or something a bit more action-oriented like Jurassic Park, or something else entirely? Also, how involved is Kirkman in all this? I watched a couple of panels about the tv series from various conventions on youtube, and he's a pretty cool guy. I fully support Milkman's suggestion that he should be on some sort of Telltale podcast.

Also; Kirkman was going to guest star as a zombie in the tv series, but he didn't want to shave his beard so it didn't happen in the end. This raises a couple of interesting questions: Can zombies have beards? Will Kirkman be cameoing it up in the Telltale episodes? What would Dave Grossman and his awesome new beard (as seen in the april fools video) look like as a zombie?

Anyway, I can't wait to see what a Telltale game based on such dark material will be like, and the team looks like a collection of my favorite Telltale designers so far. So yeah, back to work, slackers. Make me some entertainment.

• are you guys gonna put a insider forum like ya'll did with jurassic park?

Add Comment