User Avatar Image

The Original 15 Nublar Embryos

posted by Cyberscribe on - last edited - Viewed by 790 users

When Nedry stole all 15 embryos which dinosaurs were they? I'm curious, When did the park brochure that included dinosaurs such as Baryonyx, Segisaurus, and Herrerasaurus appear on screen in the original movie? Because if it wasn't shown at all then wouldn't that bring into question the original 15 embryos? Help me out people what were they? And provide evidence if you can.

85 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Tyrannosaur87 said: I don't think there was one in the movie. In the novel, yes. In the film, I don't think so.

But they were planning on having winged dinosaurs along with the jungle river cruise in the movie. It's up there with Future Attractions while they're having lunch you gotta look for it though you have a picture of the river cruise ride and then a building that looks somewhat like an aviary and the voice in the background talking about winged dinosaurs. Pteranodons might be in that Embryo Freezer that Nedry raided.

• @Cyberscribe said: But they were planning on having winged dinosaurs along with the jungle river cruise in the movie. It's up there with Future Attractions while they're having lunch you gotta look for it though you have a picture of the river cruise ride and then a building that looks somewhat like an aviary and the voice in the background talking about winged dinosaurs. Pteranodons might be in that Embryo Freezer that Nedry raided.

That is possible, however we'll never know for sure unless we see visual evidence.

• @Tyrannosaur87 said: So excluding the Troodon, which is an unknown species on the island (hopefully it's creation is explained, as it is a little hard to believe that someone would miss a creature like that being cloned) that leaves us with two other species to work with, since we're not going off of the novel.

So Troodon just appeared? I thought it was intentionally made to be exhibited in the park. What's the big secret? it's just another dinosaur.

• @Cyberscribe said: So Troodon just appeared? I thought it was intentionally made to be exhibited in the park. What's the big secret? it's just another dinosaur.

If we consider JP:The Game to be canon, then troodon should replace either pteranodon or compsognathus as one of the 15 species, since neither of these have visual confirmation as being on Isla Nublar and their inclusion on the list is speculative.

(Or, go with the theory that segisaurus was a mislabled compsognathus, which would combine those two into one and open up the 15th slot for troodon.)

• @Cyberscribe said: So Troodon just appeared? I thought it was intentionally made to be exhibited in the park. What's the big secret? it's just another dinosaur.

We don't know much about it other than it's the 'new threat' that the player will have to face in the game. The developers have been very stingy with the information regarding it. Hopefully an explanation will come soon, either via the development team, a trailer, or the game itself

• @Icedhope said: Well that's probably going to change soon.

Why would it change? :/

• @evolution_rex said: Why would it change? :/

Probably since Troodon is now somewhat going to be considered canon. It only makes sense to change the list by adding Troodon to it

• Here's my two cents into this debate as I have already said "numerous" times even several years back. The whole "fifteen species" condition, is already final, fixed, and Troodon can "not" be one of those fifteen as far as I am concerned. The only "two" species of those fifteen that is even remotely debatable is "Pteranodon" and "Compsognathus". For starters, how could Pteranodon not be one of the fifteen species? Simply because for that matter, in the novel the Pteratops Lodge was a "major" unique attraction that I find hard to believe was not planned to exist in the JP movie universe. Personally, I'm basically playing the "use common sense" card on these two species on the grounds of what is "most" strongly implied and makes sense. I know its not enough to convince other people, but that's my position on the matter and I'm sticking to it. As for Compsognathus, for anyone who has been to the JP Ride in Hollywood, pay close attention to the video presentation that you watch while you're waiting in line. It's been a long time since I've been when the ride was brand new, "but" one of the big, unique little bits of commentary that the video presentation went into that caught my attention, was of the "vital" importance that Compies serve in the park; i.e. as the dung beetles of the dinosaur world. Apparently according to the lore of JP, Compies were discovered to have a natural tendency for eating the droppings of the other dinosaurs and thus helping to manage the cleanliness of the dinosaur paddocks. Sounds critically important to me.

As for this Troodon business, I was first very opposed to the matter. But after some other random discussions on the message boards about this subject, I'm warming up to the idea a bit more. But I think TT is setting themselves up to have to cleverly explain a very difficult matter that would otherwise break movie canon. So in short, the story behind Troodon better be good. One thing is for sure in my opinion, however, is that Troodon can not be one of the "tour" dinosaurs.

• @jurassiraptor said: If we consider JP:The Game to be canon, then troodon should replace either pteranodon or compsognathus as one of the 15 species, since neither of these have visual confirmation as being on Isla Nublar and their inclusion on the list is speculative.

(Or, go with the theory that segisaurus was a mislabled compsognathus, which would combine those two into one and open up the 15th slot for troodon.)

That wouldn't make any sense to do that. Segisaurus was at least shown as an exhibit in the movie while Compsognathus wasn't mentioned at all. If you're going to include Compy then you should replace it with Troodon if it does turn out to be InGen's creation. Similar Venom, pack hunting, carnivorous, ambush predators, makes pretty good sense for Troodon to be Nublar's equivalent of the Compy.

• I have a hunch that Troodon may not be on InGen's list, much like the Spino. Maybe they were experimenting with them elsewhere, like in the other Lab shown in this picture http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/JurassicPark/JurassicParkMedia/JP_Screenshot_labExterior.jpg (check the file name)

Add Comment