User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island - For Piano!

posted by Trenchfoot on - last edited - Viewed by 937 users

Hi, everybody!

I'm making Piano arrengments of some of the songs from Tales of Monkey Island. For your delight, here's the first one I did...

Main Theme
The Swordfight
Good LeChuck's Theme
Spinner Cay
Hardtack and Trenchfoot
Merfolk Leader
Coronado DeCava's Theme
Club 41
DeSinge's Demise & LeChuck's Revenge
Rise of the Pirate God

I'm taking requests, so feel free to ask for another piece! I will update the page as I add more videos.

Enjoy!

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @coolsome said: Coild you do the LeChuck Pirate God theme?

The guy only asked for two songs at a time. You have to wait your turn.

• @Debbie82 said: The guy only asked for two songs at a time. You have to wait your turn.

I have no problem waiting my turn. I didn't think he would do mine before anyone who asked before me. I was just putting it out there.

• No problem, I love the Pirate God Theme! I'll do all the requests, eventually. I hope :D

• All right, guys... Here are the first two requests. The Pirate God one is taking a little longer as its a more complex and longer track, but I hope I can finish it by tomorrow :)

Main Theme
    Merfolk Leader

Two things you'll probably notice: First, there's a little mistake in the Main Theme one, as my finger slipped and you can hear a sort of "clank!" but its nothing major. I apologise just in case :p
    And second, that the Merfolk Leader one originally didn't have an ending, so I added one myself. Its basically the same notes as the ending of the Coronado de Cava one, but a little different. Anyways, I hope it fits.

Enjoy!

• @Trenchfoot said: Main Theme

*Sigh* The day I finally learn the piano and can perform this song, my life will be complete.

I so envy you.

• How about that "happy-clappy human LeChuck" theme in Chapter 2?

• @Trenchfoot said: First, there's a little mistake in the Main Theme one, as my finger slipped and you can hear a sort of "clank!" but its nothing major.

Didn't even notice the slippage. That song still gives me little chills when I hear it. Good job!

• Both was done beautifully and as WarpSpeed said, you can't hear the slip. :)

Again nice job, keep up the good work.

• Thanks again, guys! Here we go with the new requests...

Rise of the Pirate God
    Good LeChuck's Theme

Enjoy!

*Sigh* The day I finally learn the piano and can perform this song, my life will be complete.

I so envy you.

No need to envy me! I had problems with that piece myself when I started, but with time I got how to play it. You have to start with a simpler version, and try which hand you can do best. Practice with that first and then try the other one. It takes time and practice, but it's worth it! :)

• @Trenchfoot said: No need to envy me! I had problems with that piece myself when I started, but with time I got how to play it. You have to start with a simpler version, and try which hand you can do best. Practice with that first and then try the other one. It takes time and practice, but it's worth it! :)

Well, I did try only the right hand of Jojo the Monkey's version that he plays in the Bloody Lip. It didn't go so well. I played it far too slowly and couldn't get the hang of speeding up. I will be trying again in the future, but only once I get through a few more lessons in the book I'm learning from. I'm detemined that I will be able to play it one day though. :rolleyes:

Add Comment