User Avatar Image

My Jurassic Park 3d models ;-) [Warning - lots of large images]

posted by Giu3232 on - last edited - Viewed by 4.6K users

Hi everybody ^,^
I'm a great fan of Jurassic Park. This game looks awesome, I wanted to get back to Nublar and walk through the island and that's exactly what this game will give me.
I just pre-order it.
Since 4 years I create Jurassic Park 3D models, and I told myself it could be a good place to show some of them ;-) so here are some of them.

jpcompsognathuslow.jpg
By null at 2011-01-26

jppachycephalosaurlow.jpg
By null at 2011-01-25

jppteranodonlow.jpg
By null at 2011-01-25

jpparasaurolophuslow.jpg
By null at 2011-01-25

jpgallimimuslow.jpg
By null at 2011-01-25

jpvelociraptorlow.jpg
By null at 2011-01-25

jeffheadlow.jpg
By null at 2011-01-18

pagecompodiverspreviz.jpg
By null at 2011-03-04

There are more on my website julien.romeo.sfx.free.fr I can't post everything here.

86 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Wow, fantastic work! :eek:

How long did each of these take, out of curiosity?

• Thanks for the comments ;-)
    It took me 4 years to learn how to create the models, now I have 12 species, 2 babies and a juvenile, so 15 animals. 3 New animals will be make this year.
    I used two methods, the first one was to scan maquettes, making them symetricals, adding details, making a retoplogy, unwrap UV and making textures.
    The second one was to make a low poly model in 3DSMax, and adding details and textures on Mudbox or Zbrush.
    After I just have to add muscles and making animations. ;-)
    I'm making a new demo reel, with this demo reel, I'm making a little book, 3 in French language, 9 in English language.
    Each book and demo reel disk has a number and will be sent to some people who inspired me during my 4 years of process.
    Here are two pictures of the disk which will come with the 36 pages book, fully illustrated ^,^ :

demoreelcd001.jpg
    By giu3232 at 2011-03-27

demoreelcd002.jpg
    By giu3232 at 2011-03-27

booklow.jpg
    By giu3232 at 2011-03-29

When the books and disks will be sent, I'll wait a couple of weeks and I'll put my new demo reel on Youtube ;-)

• More pictures ^,^

r001k.jpg
    By giu3232 at 2011-04-12

r002u.jpg
    By giu3232 at 2011-04-12

r003t.jpg
    By giu3232 at 2011-04-12

r004l.jpg
    By giu3232 at 2011-04-12

I hope you'll like them ^,^

• AMAZING! I wish I could do draw like that...

Congratulations on your work! It's top-notch! :D

• You're sending those DVDs to THE Steven Spielberg? Nice. What exactly do they contain?

I have 3DS MAX but I'm still a beginner. I've been looking through many tutorials to help me out. Your work is truly amazing and inspiring. I hope to see much more from you!:)

• Very AWESOME work! Please feel free to share more anytime! :D

• @Krokery said: You're sending those DVDs to THE Steven Spielberg? Nice. What exactly do they contain?

Yes, he is on my list ^,^

In fact I made that book to explain why I did all these models, and I'll send it to all the people whi inspired me during these 4 years of work. ;-)

The DVD contain my demo reel, and some extra video feature like retopology or unwrap uv video, it contain a lot of high definition renders and videos too.

I made 12 of them and 2 extra books for my personnal use. Each book came with a personnal letter and like the DVD, they are numbered with the name of each man on it.

• Extremely impressive stuff! I think I can sign off now, as the forum got its new 3D guy ;)

Also: The book/DVD-idea is just brilliant!

• Wow, wow, wow. Are you planning to offer this for sale at Amazon? Or maybe to Telltale ;) I would definitely buy it.

• @Giu3232 said: Yes, he is on my list ^,^

In fact I made that book to explain why I did all these models, and I'll send it to all the people whi inspired me during these 4 years of work. ;-)

The DVD contain my demo reel, and some extra video feature like retopology or unwrap uv video, it contain a lot of high definition renders and videos too.

I made 12 of them and 2 extra books for my personnal use. Each book came with a personnal letter and like the DVD, they are numbered with the name of each man on it.

How are you going to send it to him? What I mean how will you get his address and how will you get him to accept it? I hope he receives it and appreciates it.

Add Comment