User Avatar Image

Please fill out my socio-political survey!

posted by samusaran253 on - last edited - Viewed by 427 users

I just spent the last several hours making this amazing survey, please fill it out, it's completely anonymous. Also, please feel free to discuss the survey here and give me any feedback. Here's a link: http://www.kwiksurveys.com?s=ILEOGG_841a204c

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

I have to say the survey is pretty decent, but some questions are really loaded:

For example
    * 52. Parents should be allowed to shove their religion down their children's throats

Just wondering why you used that wording and not something more survey neutral like:

Parents have a right to control their children's religious studies.

• That's rule #1 when you want to skew a poll in a certain way.

• Holy f**k that was long. (That's what she said, I know...)

• Can I ask why the lowering of the legal age to 13 and allowing 13 year olds to have a portion of a vote questions are in there? Is that something someone's trying to enact?

• I second divisionten's point.

Also, I noticed some of the questions were referring to a specific act or aspect of the constitution. I don't know how reliable those results from the questions might be seeing as the likelihood of everyone taking the survey and knowing exactly what they're referring to, is slim.

I pride myself in knowing various acts and some aspects of the constitution due to my civics class but I can't say the same for everyone else.

Perhaps you should have a brief description of the act within the question to help people make more educated answers.

• @Martin McFly said: Perhaps you should have a brief description of the act within the question to help people make more educated answers.

I just finished it myself and I agree. Another example is the question about pork barrel spending--I know what that means, but I wouldn't assume everyone would.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

Granted, people can google this stuff, but unless you're a major in poli-sci you're not going to understand it all.

• I'm not one for killing debates, but I will ask that when it comes to stuff like politics and religion. Please be careful on what you post, we have threads in the past and someone usually takes offense to this kind of stuff, just please watch what you guys post.

• @Icedhope said: I'm not one for killing debates, but I will ask that when it comes to stuff like politics and religion. Please be careful on what you post, we have threads in the past and someone usually takes offense to this kind of stuff, just please watch what you guys post.

I am the Anarchists' King.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@TomPravetz said: I am the Anarchists' King.

Isn't that some kind of contradiction? If there is a monarch, there is no anarchy. Just sayin'.

Add Comment