User Avatar Image

Please fill out my socio-political survey!

posted by samusaran253 on - last edited - Viewed by 514 users

I just spent the last several hours making this amazing survey, please fill it out, it's completely anonymous. Also, please feel free to discuss the survey here and give me any feedback. Here's a link: http://www.kwiksurveys.com?s=ILEOGG_841a204c

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Martin McFly said: Patience: It's a virtue.

Ehhh...it's overrated. I, personally, gave up after the first page. I have a strong dislike for pull-down menus.

• @Alcoremortis said: Ehhh...it's overrated. I, personally, gave up after the first page. I have a strong dislike for pull-down menus.

I couldn't agree with you more.

I made it to page three and openly wondered how long the survey actually was. An overwhelming sense of determination and desire to learn led me to brave through the seven or so pages of questions.

Do I regret this? No, I believe that this pursuit of knowledge has made me stronger as an individual.

What should you take away from this explanation? Little, besides the fact that I am a very dedicated and determined person.

• @Martin McFly said: I couldn't agree with you more.

I made it to page three and openly wondered how long the survey actually was. An overwhelming sense of determination and desire to learn led me to brave through the seven or so pages of questions.

Do I regret this? No, I believe that this pursuit of knowledge has made me stronger as an individual.

What should you take away from this explanation? Little, besides the fact that I am a very dedicated and determined person.

I applaud your bravery, good sir. And dedication. That too.

• @divisionten said: I have to say the survey is pretty decent, but some questions are really loaded:

For example
    * 52. Parents should be allowed to shove their religion down their children's throats

Just wondering why you used that wording and not something more survey neutral like:

Parents have a right to control their children's religious studies.

Perhaps I could have worded that better...

• @divisionten said: Granted, people can google this stuff, but unless you're a major in poli-sci you're not going to understand it all.

I understood it all and I'm still in high school.

• @divisionten said: I have to say the survey is pretty decent, but some questions are really loaded:

For example
    * 52. Parents should be allowed to shove their religion down their children's throats

Just wondering why you used that wording and not something more survey neutral like:

Parents have a right to control their children's religious studies.

No they don't. This is how theocracies perpetuate themselves: indoctrination of those most vulnerable.

• @Avistew said: -snip-

I read all your points. But I just got off work and it's pretty late, so I can't really reply to all of your points at this time. Well I physically could, but I'm mentally exhausted right now.

• @samusaran253 said: I understood it all and I'm still in high school.

And you're probably either studying this now, or recently studied it. But most people don't retain this kind of stuff unless they're really interested in politics. Remember, we had someone running for Vice President who wasn't sure what Vice President does not too long ago. Expecting everyone to know all of those terms is giving people too much credit. ;)

• @Comrade Pants said: No they don't. This is how theocracies perpetuate themselves: indoctrination of those most vulnerable.

It was a suggestion of how to phrase the statement. Then people taking the survey could have picked if they agreed with it or not. You would know that if you had bothered to take it :P

• Taking survey now. How many people went for "military junta" as their favourite type of government. Honestly :p

Edit: Hadn't read the other posts on this thread yet, but just have, and just got to the "parents should be allowed to shove their religions down their children's throats" bit. I don't think that question's especially problematic. The fact that the writer's beliefs are so clear makes it easier to think straight, because there is no subtle manipulation going on. Despite being anti-religious, I was more than able to put down agree for that one.

When do we get to hear the results?

Add Comment