User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island Season 2?

posted by Important-Looking Pirate on - last edited - Viewed by 15.1K users

When's that scheduled for then? :D

478 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @StarEye said: I've never heard of Fables before this. I'm fairly sure Monkey Island is more known than Fables to gamers.

I second that.

• I haven't seen any news at all that telltale is working on or even thinking about another tales of monkey island game. The kings quest, Jurassic park and others are cool enough but I would really love to see another monkey island game more than anything else. Has anyone else heard any news? And yes I will pay the full price up front which I'm not doing with any of these other games. Thanks

• Nothing has been announced, but you never know.

• sigh. another one of these threads, Another broken heart.

• @StarEye said: Dear LucasArts,

Have you seen bear? Big, hairless bear? In Russia, bears not so big. And less hair.

Sincerely,
    StarEye
    AKA Hunter of bears

That was a random reference...but it made me laugh anyways.

• i love the tales of monkey island ive played a lot of telltales games and the tales of monkey island is BY FAR the best. i realy hope they make a new season

Telltale games Greatest accomplishments
    - Makeing monkeyisland

• Dear Lucasarts,

There is really not much to say about monkey island, except for being one of my main sources of inspiration to think and imagine. I have a lot of memories from those games, starting from when I was 6-7 years old. I really can't understand why most games these days tend to be trash, or "reproductions" of ideas used before, and not meaningful and stimulating as they once were. Of course this is not addressed to telltale who does a great effort in supporting the adventure genre but to lucasarts. Please at least make an effort in continuing this saga, what is there to lose?

Ankalagon

• Dear Lucasarts

Please make another Monkey Island game. They are the best there is.

David

• @Ankalagon said: I really can't understand why most games these days tend to be..."reproductions" of ideas used before, and not meaningful and stimulating as they once were. Of course this is not addressed to telltale who does a great effort in supporting the adventure genre but to lucasarts. Please at least make an effort in continuing this saga, what is there to lose?

You're contradicting yourself here.

• @MrFerder said: You're contradicting yourself here.

I think not. There's a huge difference between "continuing a saga", which means based on an existing environment/characters etc you create something new, something which promotes the story and involves "creativity" and reproduction which is just same ideas or concepts, industrialised and used for easy money. Continue is different from reproduce or copy.

Add Comment