User Avatar Image

Law & Order Los Angeles: FTW or WTF?

posted by StrongBrush1 on - last edited - Viewed by 573 users

When I saw that Telltale had announced Law and Order, I was a bit worried about Telltale. These guys are going to work themselves into the ground if thay don't slow down soon. I'd rather have one or two good series a year than five back to back new and not-guaranteed-to-kick-off projects being announced every week or so.

Other than that, though, seriously, Telltale? Law and Order Los Angeles? I might understand a game based on the original show, but a spinoff that not a lot of people watch or care about? That's just going a little too far in my book.

I was never really a fan of the original show, but my parents watch it ALL THE FRICKIN' TIME! Looking at all these CSI-style shows they watch make me notice an odd pattern:

[LIST]
[*]The Actors are either over the top or too subtle
[*]Everything that happens is always either completely random or extremely predictable
[*]All of the main characters could be interchanged with each other and nobody would notice the difference
[*]and they talk WAY too quietly.
[/LIST]

So, what do you think, guys?

Is Telltale getting in over their heads, going the right pace, or not doing things fast enough? And, as for the game, do you think it will be good, bad or just meh? Please explain.

50 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I love law and order I love telltale :) so this is great news for me!

• @StrongBrush1 said:
    Other than that, though, seriously, Telltale? Law and Order Los Angeles? I might understand a game based on the original show, but a spinoff that not a lot of people watch or care about? That's just going a little too far in my book.

Seriously? It's a law and order spinoff; in other words, it prints money.

I was never really a fan of the original show,
    This is not humanly possible.

but my parents watch it ALL THE FRICKIN' TIME! Looking at all these CSI-style shows they watch make me notice an odd pattern:
    [quote]
    [LIST]
    [*]The Actors are either over the top or too subtle
    [*]Everything that happens is always either completely random or extremely predictable
    [*]All of the main characters could be interchanged with each other and nobody would notice the difference
    [*]and they talk WAY too quietly.
    [/LIST]

[/quote] Procedural shows sort of call for Hammy acting or nobody actors, and the entire point is you can guess what happened before it unfolds.

Also, how on earth did you not see the Law and Order forums I mean really

Is Telltale getting in over their heads, going the right pace, or not doing thins fast enough? And as for the game do you think it will be good, bad or just meh? Please explain.[/QUOTE]

• @Ribs said: Seriously? It's a law and order spinoff; in other words, it prints money.

index.php?action=media;sa=media;in=912;p

@Ribs said: This is not humanly possible.

Screw being Human, I HAVE SUPERPOWERS!

@Ribs said: Procedural shows sort of call for Hammy acting or nobody actors, and the entire point is you can guess what happened before it unfolds.

But what's the fun of watching a show if you know what's going to happen?

@Ribs said: Also, how on earth did you not see the Law and Order forums I mean really

Whoops. GURU!!! Need some help here!

• I hope it has Pre Order extras! Like a disc and case files.

• @coolsome said: I hope it has Pre Order extras! Like a disc and case files.

Law & Preorder? Eh? Eh??

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@ShaggE said: Law & Preorder? Eh? Eh??

The only reason you're getting away with that one is because you joined in '06.

• I only liked Law and Order when Jeff Goldblum came into the picture. Cause I like Jeff Goldblum. Wasn't a big fan of the show till he came around. But that didn't last long.

• @divisionten said: The only reason you're getting away with that one is because you joined in '06.

Awww yeah, constabulary immunity! *struts*

I, uh... I mean, it won't happen again, Ms. Ten.

*quietly struts in private*

• I don't care if it's being developed by Telltale. I wouldn't care if it was being developed by Nintendo. When I hear "Law and Order video game", I think "shovelware." =/

• Honestly, I can't stand any Law and Order show, so this is like a very bad idea to me. But I know people love it so more power to them. Verdict: Meh.

Add Comment