User Avatar Image

Wouldn't it be cool?

posted by BLACK_HAWK94 on - last edited - Viewed by 232 users

If like in the novel, TellTale implimented the Infant Tyrannosaur that killed Regis?
Like perhaps show a charactor who stumbles upon the infant eating his corpse?

26 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I preordered the Game and the money is off my card, but it says i havnt baught it.

• @Sinaz20 said: How?

Michael Crichton didn't invent dinosaurs.

I think what he's referring to is that the Jurassic Park novel had an exact list of what all dinosaurs were in Jurassic Park, as well as the numbers. Personally, I don't see the problem using that list since the movie specifically states that there are fifteen species on the island.

• User Avatar Image
    Sinaz20 Telltale Staff

@BLACK_HAWK94 said: I preordered the Game and the money is off my card, but it says i havnt baught it.

Contact customer support.

• @Sinaz20 said: How?

Michael Crichton didn't invent dinosaurs.

I'd lol @ that :D

• @Shadowknight1 said: I think what he's referring to is that the Jurassic Park novel had an exact list of what all dinosaurs were in Jurassic Park, as well as the numbers. Personally, I don't see the problem using that list since the movie specifically states that there are fifteen species on the island.

Except that the movie canon has a totally different list than than the novel.So the team cannot use random dinosaurs like Maiasaura and Euoplocephalus (of course I would love to see an ankylosaur in the game) Check out the original 15 embryos thread for more on this topic.

• Except that the movie canon has a totally different list than than the novel.So the team cannot use random dinosaurs like Maiasaura and Euoplocephalus (of course I would love to see an ankylosaur in the game) Check out the original 15 embryos thread for more on this topic.

i ,myself, don't have any problems if they add 30 dinosaurs in possible future games...it doesn't matter if there were only 15 original dinosaurs,they could expand anytime upon that and explain it however they see fit...but yeah if the game follows the timeline of the first movie they should stick to 15,but if they make one about the second or third movies they can add as many dinosaurs as they want,like we had the top secret spinosaurus in JP3....just saying.

• User Avatar Image
    Sinaz20 Telltale Staff

Some of you are missing the point here. Think about aspects of the story that would be explicitly contradictory between the movies and the books.

Sure the lists of dinosaurs are different from book to movie-- but in the movie, our only real indication of what dinosaurs are being genetically developed on Isla Nublar are the fleeting glimpses we get of Nedry stealing the embryos (correct me if I'm wrong.)

But JP II and III opens up the idea that more dinosaurs have been bred and released on Isla Sorna. By saying that there are a few other dinosaurs that didn't make the public list or didn't manage to get screen time in the movie, or by some other device were introduced to the island off camera, we aren't contradicting the film.

We have already decided to avoid the issue of contradicting character stories by basing the plot around another cast of characters dealing with the events of JP I from their own unique perspective.

We could certainly draw reference from the book. But when it comes down to an event that we saw transpire in the movie we cannot change that in favor of something that transpires in the book.

• Really you are open to use any Dinosaur seen in the films or even mentioned.
    Right?

• @Sinaz20 said: Some of you are missing the point here. Think about aspects of the story that would be explicitly contradictory between the movies and the books.

Sure the lists of dinosaurs are different from book to movie-- but in the movie, our only real indication of what dinosaurs are being genetically developed on Isla Nublar are the fleeting glimpses we get of Nedry stealing the embryos (correct me if I'm wrong.)

We also learn about the dinosaurs from the brochure we see in the movie,and i would say it's more relevant than the embryo storage http://www.jplegacy.org/downloads/misc/jppropbrochure.pdf .
    And i agree if you guys make other games, based upon JP2 and/or JP3 ,you can introduce as many new dinosaurs as you see fit...diversity is always a good thing.

Add Comment