User Avatar Image

Law & Order Los Angeles: FTW or WTF?

posted by StrongBrush1 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

When I saw that Telltale had announced Law and Order, I was a bit worried about Telltale. These guys are going to work themselves into the ground if thay don't slow down soon. I'd rather have one or two good series a year than five back to back new and not-guaranteed-to-kick-off projects being announced every week or so.

Other than that, though, seriously, Telltale? Law and Order Los Angeles? I might understand a game based on the original show, but a spinoff that not a lot of people watch or care about? That's just going a little too far in my book.

I was never really a fan of the original show, but my parents watch it ALL THE FRICKIN' TIME! Looking at all these CSI-style shows they watch make me notice an odd pattern:

[LIST]
[*]The Actors are either over the top or too subtle
[*]Everything that happens is always either completely random or extremely predictable
[*]All of the main characters could be interchanged with each other and nobody would notice the difference
[*]and they talk WAY too quietly.
[/LIST]

So, what do you think, guys?

Is Telltale getting in over their heads, going the right pace, or not doing things fast enough? And, as for the game, do you think it will be good, bad or just meh? Please explain.

50 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Telltale is very quickly doing a superb job of transforming from premier adventure-game producer to premier shovel-ware producer. WTF Telltale?!

• @ChrisLaughlin said: I don't like Law and Order so this game will not appeal to my interest also no one else will like it either. WTF Telltale?!

I'm tired of people acting like Telltale has dropped in quality. Telltale to this day have only produced one lackluster game, and that was Poker Night due to a slew of bugs and next to no incentive to keep playing, but it was fun for what it was. If none of the new projects appeal to you, that's wonderful but they don't appeal to you. Not the general population, but you. I, for one, am excited for each title coming up (possibly excluding Hector, but I'll still try it). Law and Order is one of my favorite programs on TV, although I will be the first to admit that it's been on the decline recently due to increased violence.

• I think the games will be their usual quality so long as they have the staff to work on them. Wern't they recruiting at some conferance a few months back? I mean.... if they're expanding the size of the company it makes sence to take on a bigger worldload.

Anywho, these guys haven't let me down yet. I have faith. :)

• @Ribs said: I'm tired of people acting like Telltale has dropped in quality. Telltale to this day have only produced one lackluster game, and that was Poker Night due to a slew of bugs and next to no incentive to keep playing, but it was fun for what it was. If none of the new projects appeal to you, that's wonderful but they don't appeal to you. Not the general population, but you.

This! TTG hasn't even released any trailers or pics of the game yet and people are acting as if its a rushed game cos they have to many projects.

Originally Posted by ChrisLaughlin
    I don't like Law and Order so this game will not appeal to my interest also no one else will like it either. WTF Telltale?!

Obviously you haven't been reading the L&O forum I couldn't be happier with this announcement. So don't speak for me or anyone else in the forum! Everybody here is perfectly capable of stating if they like it or not we don't need you deciding what we like or disliked.

• @coolsome said: This! TTG hasn't even released any trailers or pics of the game yet and people are acting as if its a rushed game cos they have to many projects.

Obviously you haven't been reading the L&O forum I couldn't be happier with this announcement. So don't speak for me or anyone else in the forum! Everybody here is perfectly capable of stating if they like it or not we don't need you deciding what we like or disliked.

Erm... I edited his post in the quote to exaggerate his points a bit.

• @Ribs said: Erm... I edited his post in the quote to exaggerate his points a bit.

Oh...well that makes me look down right stupid then :p

• @Ribs said: Erm... I edited his post in the quote to exaggerate his points a bit.

Yeah, that was a pretty dang uncool thing of you to do. Please don't do it again.

I love Telltale and have bought every single game they've ever released, but both the new Poker Night at the Inventory and BTTF games have felt seriously, seriously lacking, in my opinion, and I'm genuinely hopeful their new games will be better. In light of the recent decline in quality, I would prefer that they focus on producing a small number of extremely good, highly polished titles than a bunch of mediocre titles. So far I don't feel that the NBC-Universal license has had a positive impact on Telltale as a company.

• So far the majority of votes seems to be focusing mainly around "Slow down" and "WTF Telltale." Who knew that forumites could be so hateful?

• Other, as I'm cautiously optimistic that it's Telltale, but I'm expecting it to be dismal because video game adaptations of Law & Order-type shows generally seem to suck. I DO love the original Law & Order (though I can't really stand any of the spinoffs I've seen), so here's to hoping it'll be fanfreakingtastic.

• @StrongBrush1 said: So far the majority of votes seems to be focusing mainly around "Slow down" and "WTF Telltale." Who knew that forumites could be so hateful?

If you ask for patches many times, if you ask for localizations many times, if you ask for xbox conversions many times, and all you have is a new game of Law&Order, it's normal to be hateful.

Personally I've asked many times about localizations or translations. It's been two years since TOMI and no sign of Italian language at all. TWO YEARS. And the same for all the games they did. I asked about that many times and one or two times I got their usual answer: "we are trying to do everything". Yeah. And then nothing. And nothing. And still nothing.
    I asked many times to be clear about that. But maybe Telltale is open to their fans only by facade.

And it's the same for patches or xbox conversions.

Add Comment