876 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Played for about 30 minutes today and got to the end of chapter one.

VERY entertaining. The joke about an Animal King Conquest was good for chuckles. And the general tone is menacing.

• I'm sad...it's layed next to my desk un open...stupid work.

• Played an hour of each mode. Single player is definently great (so many great lines!), and co-op is more fun than I expected. Loading can get annoying, but I only have one small complaint: Did anyone else notice the portal gun sounds slightly different?

• Decided to pick up the game today. Love Stephen Merchant in this game. Only got to play for about an hour thus far but after work tonight i shall portal it up.

• @mathman77 said: Played an hour of each mode. Single player is definently great (so many great lines!), and co-op is more fun than I expected. Loading can get annoying, but I only have one small complaint: Did anyone else notice the portal gun sounds slightly different?

I did, but it didn't really bother me. I liked the fact, however, that they did rerecord custom sounds for Portal 2 like the use sound, footsteps, electricity, etc that were from Half-Life 2. Gives it its own identity.

• 50 bucks would TOTALLY have an effect on my survival (don't go all "you could preorder for 45", if it's over 30$ I might as well don't eat anything for a month), so I'm just reading about people's amazements (and disappointments about trading system which I also found pretty weird) with awe and jealousy.

• @MusicallyInspired said: I did, but it didn't really bother me. I liked the fact, however, that they did rerecord custom sounds for Portal 2 like the use sound, footsteps, electricity, etc that were from Half-Life 2. Gives it its own identity.

I do like how they used new sounds, but changing the most heard sound from the original was just a little strange at first. Luckily, it does not ruin the fun at all.

• @Falanca said: 50 bucks would TOTALLY have an effect on my survival (don't go all "you could preorder for 45", if it's over 30$ I might as well don't eat anything for a month), so I'm just reading about people's amazements (and disappointments about trading system which I also found pretty weird) with awe and jealousy.

Considering the trading system isnt out yet. That is wierd.
    I mainly hate the store system. TF2 fine, they delivered free content for a while and technicaly still do. Portal 2 on the otherhand is brand new and the shop is there.

As long as there is a cross game trading system(Ex. I have the Engineers cap, Ill trade it for a robotic dance in Porta 2) but that would be a little hard to implement correctly, but it is the only way Ill ever get the content.

And while Im at it, I noticed in the "flags" department, that there were flags for the potato sack games, but not for Meat Boy. I would have actually bought that.

• @Icedhope said: I'm sad...it's layed next to my desk un open...stupid work.

That's better than the alternative. I might have to see if I can swing getting it as a reward for all this landscaping work. But odds are I'll be stuck holding out for a Steam sale in the distant future.

Add Comment