User Avatar Image

So, why no new Bone games?

posted by Filthy Assistant on - last edited - Viewed by 508 users

I'm aware of the whole focusing on the great Sam and Max and crappy CSI games thing, but why stop Bone after The Great Cow Race? It isn't until after that when it would actually make a good game, since, you know that's when all the actual ADVENTURING starts.

Escaping from Rock Jaw, or perhaps controlling Phoney and Smiley while they're defending the city from the rat creatures (using puzzles, of course) would be more fun than hopping across stones as a bug. In fact, the minigames in general should be axed.

Just my opinion, though.

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • As everybody knows, internet petitions always* work, so sign the one in my signature!

*not true.

• @Guybrush Threepwood said: As everybody knows, internet petitions always* work, so sign the one in my signature!

*not true.

Yeah, internet petitions have a really low chance of working, but I signed it anyway. I just found it sad that the most game-unfriendly parts of Bone were the ones that have been made into games. : (

• IIRC they still have the license to do the third game. I imagine they'd have the business sense to use it before it expires. When that is is anyone's guess, though.
    It's also interesting to consider what the CSI4 team is now doing. My money is on the secret licenses, but you never know.

• @Harald B said: IIRC they still have the license to do the third game. I imagine they'd have the business sense to use it before it expires. When that is is anyone's guess, though.
    It's also interesting to consider what the CSI4 team is now doing. My money is on the secret licenses, but you never know.

Honestly I'd prefer whoever made the CSI game to stay far away from it.

• Andjust to expand on what Harald has said: They only hold the liscence to make games based on the 1st 3 books of the Bone Series. They do NOT hold the liscence to make games based on books 4-9. Which imo are really the more video game geared ones of the bunch.

I can see why they did what they did tho. Do them in chronological order to get more of an intrest/less confusion. Unfortunatly they probably didn't see themselves being tied up by other things down the road at the time they drew up the agreements. Probably will make good on the 3rd game, but who knows when.

And the CSI games problems don't all fall under Telltale's doings. They have said they went to a 3rd party for some of the game's animations or models (forget which) and the stories were probably done by outsiders too.

• @Dedlok said: Andjust to expand on what Harald has said: They only hold the liscence to make games based on the 1st 3 books of the Bone Series. They do NOT hold the liscence to make games based on books 4-9. Which imo are really the more video game geared ones of the bunch.

I can see why they did what they did tho. Do them in chronological order to get more of an intrest/less confusion. Unfortunatly they probably didn't see themselves being tied up by other things down the road at the time they drew up the agreements. Probably will make good on the 3rd game, but who knows when.

And the CSI games problems don't all fall under Telltale's doings. They have said they went to a 3rd party for some of the game's animations or models (forget which) and the stories were probably done by outsiders too.

I see. Yeah, that's what I was saying, the early ones really aren't great as games.

Strange that they only have the licenses for the first 3 though.

I am very glad Telltale had nothing to do with the CSI game though. I rented it for 360 and it looked like the same animation systems from S&M were used for the more realistic humans in it... Which led to some really creepy mouth movements. That, plus, you know, there being no challenge whatsoever in the game.

Still, though, let them know we wants us some rat-creature slaying as Granma Ben and castle sieges!

• I've kind of neglected the Bone games. In fact, because of Sam and Max, I haven't ever played the full version of Bone 1 or 2. I was thinking of buying the bundle pack sometime.

• Bone 1 and 2 were good but as these were the first two games for telltale, i think they forgot the hardness that it needed. If bone 3 is underway or still dead i'd say to make challanges harder and sometimes making non-comic book senarios that only involve a bone and some chacter we never see ever or even after.

• They not only removed the 'coming soon' under Bone on the main page, but they also took away the third book from the store. :(

• User Avatar Image
    Art

Hi,
    Yeah, why not make more bone games?!);(

Add Comment