User Avatar Image

Introduce Yourself!

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 76.7K users

Just about every forum I've seen has had an introduction thread, and with the new licenses bringing in so many new faces, I feel ours should be no exception. This thread is for new members to introduce themselves and say hello. If you guys like, it can also be for old members to introduce themselves to the new members.

And yes, I'm aware that we already had this thread two months ago, but after the way that one went, I felt a blank slate was in order.

Well! Guess I'll get the ball rolling!

Greetings! I'm GuruGuru214, though most call me Guru. I've been here for around a year and a half, and at the moment I believe I have the 5th highest post count among active posters (behind Avistew, Rather Dashing, Jake, and Irishmile). This means that I talk a lot but not necessarily that I have a lot to say. :D Needless to say, I could very well be the mod who spends the most time on here.

I also started the longest running thread on the forums back before my modship, which is something that fills me with both pride and shame, depending on what's going on in there at any given time.

I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember and own every Nintendo console there is.

th_DSC03361.jpg

See? I also own the full Telltale library, with the exception of Texas Hold'em. Once a year, you'll find me running the Great Monkey Island Race and the Great Sam & Max Race, a speed run competition through every game in each series and a whole lot of fun. Other times, you might find me on other crazy exploits, like running the entire Kingdom Hearts series in chronological order, or cataloging my game collection and then attempting to beat all the games I never finished.

I like to think I'm easy to get along with, as long as you're a reasonable person. Don't look for trouble and we should get along just fine.

Welcome to Telltale! Enjoy your stay and don't cross me! :D

317 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Comrade Mortis here.

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a person(?) of wealth and taste. Also, borderline poverty and trashiness with a dash of dirty mindedness thrown in. Or somewhere in the middle.

I was once a mighty prowler. Now...slightly less mighty. I'm also sort of a newcomer to adventure games by comparison to a lot of the people here, having started with Grim Fandango relatively recently. Since then I've play tested Monkey Island...and thats about it. I'm a RPG and first person shooter fan (with some RTS mixed in) and most of my games fall into one of these categories.

Anywho: I hail from the darkness and enjoy - in no particular order; Doctor Who, Firefly, Knives and blades, fountain pens, Edgar Allen Poe, whiskey and OH YEAH! Video games!

I also like to complain about my major, watch movies and TV shows of varying quality, read, draw, drink, fly my kite when I can, and listen to the voices in my head.

I know Comrade Pants and Alcoremortis and tolerate them greatly and though I started life on this forum today (as a result of a inside joke and a ship gone awry), I hope to become somewhat tolerated by the Telltale community. You might even say I will call some of them... Well... Acquaintances. Maybe. I think. Perhaps.

I shall pop up randomly in the forums to throw in the odd bon mott.

Also, one day my demonic glow in the dark ninja squirrels will rule you all.

Comrade Mortis, awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

• @Comrade Mortis said: Comrade Mortis here.

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a person(?) of wealth and taste. Also, borderline poverty and trashiness with a dash of dirty mindedness thrown in. Or somewhere in the middle.

I was once a mighty prowler. Now...slightly less mighty. I'm also sort of a newcomer to adventure games by comparison to a lot of the people here, having started with Grim Fandango relatively recently. Since then I've play tested Monkey Island...and thats about it. I'm a RPG and first person shooter fan (with some RTS mixed in) and most of my games fall into one of these categories.

Anywho: I hail from the darkness and enjoy - in no particular order; Doctor Who, Knives and blades, fountain pens, Edgar Allen Poe, whiskey and OH YEAH! Video games!

I also like to complain about my major, watch movies and TV shows of varying quality, read, draw, drink, fly my kite when I can, and listen to the voices in my head.

I know Comrade Pants and Alcoremortis and tolerate them greatly and though I started life on this forum today (as a result of a inside joke and a ship gone awry), I hope to become somewhat tolerated by the Telltale community. You might even say I will call some of them... Well... Acquaintances. Maybe. I think. Perhaps.

I shall pop up randomly in the forums to throw in the odd bon mott.

Also, one day my demonic glow in the dark ninja squirrels will rule you all.

Comrade Mortis, awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Always nice to have another Whovian.

• I am coolsome the voice of Telltale Games.

• Hi there I have posted alot on these forums allready.

I am 24 from Norway I work at a newspaper, I been playing games since I was six years old.

My favourite games are rpg's, adventure games (yes really :P),fps.... wait I like any game that is good.

I came to these forums after discovering the tales of monkey island games, and will be staying since Telltale is making movie license games that actually are good.

Can't wait for Jurassic Park and the Walking Dead :)

• I'm Woodsy. I come here sometimes when I'm not up to my armpits in Uni work, and even more often when I am up to my armpits in Uni work, like right now! What can I say? I like to procrastinate.

I've been playing Telltale games since Season 1 but I didn't join the forums until just after the first Tales of Monkey Island chapter was released. I am studying to be a writer and I very occasionally post some of my more experimental stuff on my dA page.

I actually disappeared from these forums for about a year when I was swamped with school work but came back a few months ago when they announced Jurassic Park, of which I am a huge fan. There are so many awesome people who post regularly here I don't know how I stayed away for so long.

I actually don't have any less school work these days. In fact I arguably have more... maybe I should get back to that... :confused:

• @JedExodus said: I'm Jed, I tame lions.

More like lyin's.

• @Comrade Pants said: More like lyin's.

Pffftt, if I wasn't off to the star-studded premiere of my much buzzed about off-Broadway play i'd really be cheesed off

• Hi. I'm from Finland and i've been a avid gamer since "ugh" i remember and i some people say that i was born with Nes controller with hands :)

I enjoy games that are challenging, but are fun in the same time. And i don't really care about the graphics and i can play that is over 20 years old and think that they look great, but what i'm always looking in the games are the gameplay and the thing what you can do in the game. I still enjoy the epic story about a "big gun meets a doomsady machine" type of games :)

I've been a huge point'n click adventure game fan since the old Discworld & Curse of Monkey Island games, but mainly i started liking adventure games because of Telltales Tales of Monkey Island & Sam & Max games.

I don't wanna go futher with and i have one last question for Telltale guys themself "Telltale can you guys make a new Discworld game" :D

• @Terpor said: I don't wanna go futher with and i have one last question for Telltale guys themself "Telltale can you guys make a new Discworld game" :D

If you'd like to discuss your love of the Discworld books with other forum members we have a thread on that. We also have a thread of people who want to see Telltale do a Discworld game. :)

Add Comment