49 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Would this have been an actual area with a circuit and animatronics such as the River Ride? Or more akin to the BTTF ride, cause that's what the cars remind me of, you know; instead of the 8 person Explorer, it's the 8 person Delorean.

Either way if they made the cars more canon, I'd be up for it. Here's hoping something can revive a project such as this!

• awe man that would be an awesome islands of adventure ride or universal studios i always walked past that giant 3d map of jurassic park in islands of adventure Orlando and on it was the scale model of the jeep safari ride and when i was little i used to ask my mom and dad oh man are they gonna make that ride too of course they didn't know but i still have my drawings of what i thought it was going to be like to bad they are not gonna make it after all :(

• That's the first I've seen/heard of that. Thanks for shareing

I'm not surprised they cancled it though. It is very simular to the river ride and the river ride had the added bonus of having an awesome drop at the end.

• @Asian Inferno said: Would this have been an actual area with a circuit and animatronics such as the River Ride? Or more akin to the BTTF ride, cause that's what the cars remind me of, you know; instead of the 8 person Explorer, it's the 8 person Delorean.

From what I saw of the artwork it was more of a River Ride experience. The sad part is this'll prolly never be made cause the experience is 90% of what Disney did for "Dinosaur".

• I love the Dinosaur ride at Disney, and I think this would be very similar. I'm sure this would have a lot more action for the riders than the River Adventure. It's too bad JP isn't such a bug deal anymore, or maybe they would have a push to build something like this.

• @TP3D said: Well the IOA section at the park is a pretty legit JP experience, the visistor's centor is pretty close replication of the movie. The ride is pretty cool, its just not as cool as this JP ride. But I'll admit, it could be a lot better.

I dream that one day there will be a real Jurassic Park theme park, albeit everything will be animitronic. It will just be a whole park dedicated to the franchise. We need to start recruiting fans that'll pay for a ticket first though :P

animatronic? i dunno there have been "dinosaur mummies" in recent years containing large amounts of genetic material and now an actual jurassic park wouldnt be so farfetched.

• @SWGNATE said: animatronic? i dunno there have been "dinosaur mummies" in recent years containing large amounts of genetic material and now an actual jurassic park wouldnt be so farfetched.

Still not enough of the genetic material you'd need, and most of that material is either "contaminated" or has undergone a chemical change after being fossilized for so long. We're still a long ways off...

You'd have better luck triggering old discarded evolution traits on the closest relative...

• @Asian Inferno said: You'd have better luck triggering old discarded evolution traits on the closest relative...

Saw a thing on Discovery Channel this past year where some geneticist was doing that with chickens. They weren't allowing the eggs to get to a point where they were hatching, but he had the chicken embryos maturing with saurian traits (more dinosaur like head, teeth, Therapod-ish tail)

• I used to be a part of Universals JP park team. This was planned in 2005. And was scrapped in 2006 due to the budget problems and the size of the JP park. It was gonna replace the kiddie cove but instead we just scrapped it. It wasn't gonna happen anyway. It would have cost to much due to the car, dinosaurs and taking care of them. But we might start working on it again. But since i dont work there (16 year olds can't work in teams now sadly. I was 15 heading on 16 when i left) so i dont know if its still planned. But dont loose hope guys. This was not cause of the Harry Potter themed area.

• Fun Fact: This was the early concept of the Jurassic Park River Adventure!

Add Comment