User Avatar Image

Red Dwarf Series X Confirmed

posted by Sausy Gibbon on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

I thought since Doctor Who had its own thread, I'd make one about Red Dwarf.

As of the 15th of April Doug Naylor confirmed that a new series is deffnitley in production with channel Dave. Other good news the episodes will be 30 minutes instead of 23 minutes and will be shown in a 40 minute block with ads. The broadcast is slated for September 2012.

So what do people think? Excited or hesitant? Should Holly return? Should the laugh track return? Should bunk scenes return? Will there be dillicious warm buttery toast?

97 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Davies said: Don't get me wrong, I also love the comedy and not just the Sci-fi. The loss of Rimmer sucked but at least they did what they could to pepper him throughout series VII following his departure.

To each their own.

Oh yeah def, they crammed him in and I lvoed it all. But they should've maybe focused on the Cat rather than bringing in Kochanski, who I thought was a particularly grating character myself

Six to one, half a dozen the other

• @JedExodus said: Oh yeah def, they crammed him in and I lvoed it all. But they should've maybe focused on the Cat rather than bringing in Kochanski, who I thought was a particularly grating character myself

Six to one, half a dozen the other

Bringing in Kochanski wasn't the wisest of moves but at least she had a character in series VII, no matter how grating. The character's personality was MIA in series VIII.

Whatever floats your boat.

P.S. Sorry to repost this but it seems apt considering the thread...

My impersonation of the Red Dwarf crew:

http://kiwi6.com/file/0aljjmrxw7 (You can either download the MP3 or just click on the play button below 'Listen').

• @Davies said:
    My impersonation of the Red Dwarf crew:

http://kiwi6.com/file/0aljjmrxw7 (You can either download the MP3 or just click on the play button below 'Listen').

Ohohoho, me too

Couldn't think of any quotes like, but whatevz

• @JedExodus said: Ohohoho, me too

Couldn't think of any quotes like, but whatevz

Hehe, cool. Your Kryten beat mine over the head with his groinal attachment but my Cat squirted milk from all six of his nipples at yours.

I'd say our Listers are about even(ly bad).

Rimmer feels left out and won't speak to you.

Running out of quotes but still... Yeah well, that's just like your opinion man.

• @Davies said: Hehe, cool. Your Kryten beat mine over the head with his groinal attachment but my Cat squirted milk from all six of his nipples at yours.

I'd say our Listers are about even(ly bad).

Rimmer feels left out and won't speak to you.

Running out of quotes but still... Yeah well, that's just like your opinion man.

Impressions are fun! You know what else is fun? Series of Red Dwarf that have Rimmer

• @JedExodus said: Impressions are fun! You know what else is fun? Series of Red Dwarf that have Rimmer

You know what's even more fun? Series of Red Dwarf that don't forgo all character development, focusing instead on cheap sexual innuendos and featuring Rimmer only as a hollow husk of his former self.

• @Remolay said: Honestly, there isn't a singe episode of Red Dwarf I didn't like. I thought they were all funny.

I totally agree.

• @Davies said: You know what's even more fun? Series of Red Dwarf that don't forgo all character development, focusing instead on cheap sexual innuendos and featuring Rimmer only as a hollow husk of his former self.

You could tell they were desperately trying to bring back the character development and pathos from the first two series. The role of the bunk scenes is to have an intimicy between Lister and Rimmer. But just because you have got that intimacy you still need good writing. Personally I didn't like either series VII or VIII, both having epsiodes I see as the worst of Red Dwarf "Beyond a Joke" and "Krytie TV"

• @Davies said: You know what's even more fun? Series of Red Dwarf that don't forgo all character development, focusing instead on cheap sexual innuendos and featuring Rimmer only as a hollow husk of his former self.

For a show that has a gag about sex dolls in nearly every episode the cheap innuendo didn't annoy me so much. Also the whole Kochanski and Lister all of a sudden having a flow-blown relationship in the past despite everything we've heard previous being introduced in Series VII was a bit herp derp.

But let us not focus on the engative, tell me people. What's your favourite series? I love Series 1 and 2, and I adore series 5 (Quarantine's prolly my favouritest episode ever) but at the end of the day I love them all, even Series VII and VIII

• I wish I could say, but aside from Back to Earth, I don't think Red Dwarf has aired here since I was 12.

Add Comment