User Avatar Image

I bought but I cant play...

posted by tomp on - last edited - Viewed by 934 users

hey,
while looking in this forum inorder to find the answer to my problem I felt warm inside because I learned that the problem of paying and not getting is happens to to many...
Any way, back to my problem...
After purchasing the game ankh with paypal and downloading it I tried to enter the OrderID and the password but it said its invalid (for the record i did manage to enter http://www.findmyorder.com/ so its probably correct).
After seeing i cant activate i just started playing in Trial.
Now my Trial has expired and I dont have any of the buttons related to activation or "Already purchase", I only have the big "Full version buy buy" button.

Any one counter similar problem ?

btw, I contacted the support team yesterday but I got no reply.
thanks

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • hey i have the same problem as all u guys with this ankh game i even bought it twice and i cant seem to resolve the issue any help please...

• The key worked, thanks Emily!

I can play my game now, see my earlier post (and Typo's) for how.

• Glad to hear it. :)

For everyone who's still waiting - we're working on a fix for this bug, which will hopefully be ready later today.

• Glad to hear it. I tried to buy the game this morning but ran into the same error. Messsed around with it before I had to leave, but no go. But I know it is a larger problem that will be fixed soon, so I am pleased.

• any news on the fix for this problem?
    emily, i have also pm'd you my details as i'm also having this problem.
    if you could give me a manual activation code i would appreciate it.
    thanks in advance

• I have it on good authority that this is being worked on right now. :D

• For everyone who was having this problem, it should now be fixed. If your demo has expired, look for "I've already purchased this" and "Activation Support" links on the left side of the screen.

• Hi, I'm having a similar problem:
    Paid In advance for Sam & Max: Season 1.
    When the splash screen shows up, it asks for money. When I click "I already purchased this", I enter my order number and password, it says Invalid password ARM1016
    Do I need to uninstall the game and get my info from findmyorder.com?

EDIT: Ok, so I uninstalled the game, cleaned house - so to speak - and downloaded the game from findmyorder.com?
    I used the same password that I used to log on to this website, and it STILL says Invalid password ARM1016 on the activation screen.

• Activating by clicking "I've already purchased this" and entering the order number/password almost never works. We learned after Season One launched that it only works if when you have one game on your order (which is obviously not the case if you bought Season One!)

I just checked your order and your download links seem fine, which means the games should activate automatically the first time you run them. (Don't bother with www.findmyorder.com, it's the same information that's contained in your Telltale account.) If they didn't unlock automatically, it's either because 1) you're using Vista (Culture Shock has trouble on Vista; the rest of the episodes are fine), or 2) your firewall / proxy server is having trouble talking to the activation server.

In either case, it's easily fixed - just send an email to support@telltalegames.com and we'll get you what you need. If you're on Vista ask for the Vista-compatible version of Culture Shock, and if you're having trouble with other episodes (whether or not you're using Vista), click Activation Support and follow the instructions to get an activation key.

(FYI, very soon we're going to be moving Season One off this activation system and migrate it to the much easier to use serial number system we introduced for Season Two, so all of these downloading/activating weirdnesses should soon be things of the past!)

• I just received the email you sent to our support address, which made me realize that I already emailed you with an activation key and instructions for downloading the Vista version of Culture Shock. Did you not get that? I sent the email yesterday morning.

I'm going to send you a PM right now with the information, in case our mail isn't reaching you.

Add Comment