User Avatar Image

If Hector can run on my Iphone, why does it need 3 gig of RAM?!

posted by econojo on - last edited - Viewed by 804 users

I have a Lenovo Y710 2.0 Ghz Dual CPU, 2 gigs of RAM, ATI HD Radeon 2600 with 256 video memory, and running Windows Vista 32-bit Service Pack 2. I can run BTTF:TG fine, but not Hector? What gives?! :confused:

Game Requirements:

PC System Requirements:
Windows
Operating system: Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7
Processor: 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 512 MB RAM
Direct X 9.0c
Audio card required

Mac:
Processor: 2.3 Ghz Intel or equivalent
Memory: 4 GB RAM Video Card: 512 MB NVidia or ATI graphics card
Not recommended for Mac Minis or early-generation MacBooks

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I can't speak for the RAM requirements, but Hector takes up more hard disk space than the usual Telltale game because it has a lot of HD FMV sequences, like those in the iOS release but higher res obviously. Video takes up a lot of space.

As for RAM, if you can run BTTF you can probably run Hector. I make no guarantees obviously-- I've only ever played Hector on my iPhone and my PC at work-- but its basically the same Telltale Tool version that is powering BTTF.

• @Jake said: I can't speak for the RAM requirements, but Hector takes up more hard disk space than the usual Telltale game because it has a lot of HD FMV sequences, like those in the iOS release but higher res obviously. Video takes up a lot of space.

As for RAM, if you can run BTTF you can probably run Hector. I make no guarantees obviously-- I've only ever played Hector on my iPhone and my PC at work-- but its basically the same Telltale Tool version that is powering BTTF.

Great to hear! Thanks for the response. I shall go buy more RAM!

• If this can help, I managed to run my review copy of Hector on an old 2006 laptop:

Intel Centrino Core Duo 1.73Ghz, 1Gb RAM, WXP sp2, ATI X1600 256Mb VRAM (dedicated VRAM!!!)

The game was running in 1280x800 without major problems. There's no "detail" setup available (BTW, it would be pointless, the game is plain 2D).

• Welp, After much thinking about it I finally caved in and pre-ordered it :(

The Above post did it for me, So I hope you are not a lier Diduz :P

nah, hehe game looks fun as well and i had money in my paypal.
    Now to find some one who doesn't already have puzzle agent :(

• Funny that everyone thinks you have to put money on your paypal account to pay with it :D
    It is linked to your bank account its automaticaly taken from there if you dont have it stored on your paypal acc. Just saying, seems like nobody knows that.

• funny how some people don't realize that if you got some spare in your paypal account, it just makes it easier to spend it on something you might not spend it on :P

• @DarkLink said: funny how some people don't realize that if you got some spare in your paypal account, it just makes it easier to spend it on something you might not spend it on :P

Funny how you dont realise that its actually not easier. All you do is click on "Pay now" it makes NO difference at all.

• User Avatar Image
    Tor

It runs just fine on my laptop (a convertible tablet) with Intel graphics. I haven't noticed any degraded performance so far. I guess they erred on the side of caution with those system requirements.

• OK, my macbook air 13-inch is running portal 2 on high graphics setting at about 50fps, AND HECTOR ISNT RUNNING. why, tellatale, why????

• I mean, it plays, but I get a flickering black screen nonstop. Even on a windowed screen on the lowest resolution, the screen still flickers black.

Add Comment