User Avatar Image

"coming out April 2011 on Steam"???

posted by samusaran253 on - last edited - Viewed by 443 users

So wait, within the next 10 days this game will be released on Steam? Or is the date wrong? Also, with the game being on Steam and all, why can't we pre-order it and get a pre-order bonus?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/94540/

14 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

    @Deviltry11 said: Will we get a cd-key to apply to Steam, when we preorder from Telltale? To have Jurassic Park along with other games in Steam client? :p


    Based on previous Telltale releases, you should not.

  • @Deviltry11 said: Will we get a cd-key to apply to Steam, when we preorder from Telltale? To have Jurassic Park along with other games in Steam client? :p

    I can tell you from experience, you get a activation key for the game series, but it's not for steam.

  • @Deviltry11 said: Will we get a cd-key to apply to Steam, when we preorder from Telltale? To have Jurassic Park along with other games in Steam client? :p

    The only time telltalle has EVER given a key to steam for people who purchased via telltale was for Sam & Max season 3; and that was only because mid-way through the season Team Fortress 2 launched some tie-in bonus items for Sam & Max 3 owners. As such many telltale purchasers who also use steam wanted the items and telltalle sorted it out with a code.

    But this has not happened on any other game as there is no reason for it too.
    You buy the game on 1 platform, you keep it on that platform.

    I mean when you buy say GTA 4 for xbox 360 you don't get a disc/code to also download it for PS3 and pc

  • @Emo Hoe said: The only time telltalle has EVER given a key to steam for people who purchased via telltale was for Sam & Max season 3; and that was only because mid-way through the season Team Fortress 2 launched some tie-in bonus items for Sam & Max 3 owners. As such many telltale purchasers who also use steam wanted the items and telltalle sorted it out with a code.

    But this has not happened on any other game as there is no reason for it too.
    You buy the game on 1 platform, you keep it on that platform.

    I mean when you buy say GTA 4 for xbox 360 you don't get a disc/code to also download it for PS3 and pc

    Although if you buy Portal 2 on PS3 through Steam you can also download it on PC/Mac. I hope we see more of this thing in the future...

  • @Emo Hoe said: The only time telltalle has EVER given a key to steam for people who purchased via telltale was for Sam & Max season 3.

    Telltale also gave a Steam key to people who bought Poker Night at the Inventory from them.

  • @Charles Kelly said: Although if you buy Portal 2 on PS3 through Steam you can also download it on PC/Mac. I hope we see more of this thing in the future...

    Hardly shocking since Steam is owned by Valve.
    Valve make Portal.

  • It now just says "Available: 2011"

  • @TP3D said: that's a good sign

    Not sure about that....

Add Comment