876 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Oh. I might want the long fall boots to go with them just in case.

And I would use the portal gun for when Im with my friends and be a jerk to them.

• @Alcoremortis said: I totally agree with this sentiment. Ever since I finished the game, I keep on contemplating how I would place portals around school to decrease my travel time from class to class. Yes, I'm boring.

I do that a lot in crowded hallways. "I can see a wall here and there, if only I could make portals... these people are really annoying"

• See, a portal gun would be totally useless if I had my most desired superpower, which is pocket dimension/portal creation. A portal gun is limited by that whole line-of-sight issue.

• No denying that. That thing is fucking sweet.

• @Hayden said: :eek: The second swear word in a week! Man, you're going off the rails.

I swear as much as anyone IRL. On here, I generally hold myself above that, so when I do, it's usually a precision F strike.

• @GuruGuru214 said: I swear as much as anyone IRL. On here, I generally hold myself above that, so when I do, it's usually a precision F strike.

I agree here. Any other descriptor would just not have the same effect.

• The forums discussing this game are almost an alien world to me. It seems vast amounts of people don't get the tone of Cave Johnson or the miracle 50s/60s when the future seemed like this impossible future full of amazing creations fueled by technology and the atom bomb. It makes me realize why so many people don't like The Venture Brothers, whose first two seasons are especially constructed on that shtick. If you don't get it you don't get Johnny Quest either, and that kills me.

One person even didn't get the joke where Cave says "Say Goodnight Caroline" and she replies "Goodnight Caroline". He said it implied she was talking to a computer version of herself.

That's a classic reference people!

Add Comment