User Avatar Image

Everything You Need to Know About the JP Delay

posted by divisionten on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

Since the release discussion threads have gotten long and difficult to slog through, here is everything you need to know:

Q: Why is JP being delayed?
A: We'll be honest, even the mods don't know that stuff. What we DO know is that this decision was made with the utmost desire to please the fans, hoping to release it better than before.

Q: When's the release?
A: Fall '11

Q: Console release?
A: Also, Fall '11. Release is simultaneous. Note that the original console release was intended to be Fall '11, so the console release will see no change in timeframe.

Q: I don't want a refund. I just want the game.
A: It's difficult to do this case by case. Everyone gets a refund.

Q: How do I get my refund/free game coupon?
A: Keep an eye on your email. (Check your spambox, too)

Q: Is it one or the other?
A: No. You get a FULL REFUND for JP AND a voucher good for any full Telltale season or a single game- your choice on what to use the voucher on.

Q: What can I use the free game coupon on?
A: Any full TT game, current or FUTURE. Yes, THIS INCLUDES JP, FABLES, OR ANY OTHER NOT-YET-RELEASED TITLE. The free game coupon does not expire. Anyone who preordered JP can use the coupon to get it free of charge.

Q: Long story short- I preordered JP. I get my $30 returned AND a voucher. I can then turn around and use that voucher to buy JP- so I can get JP for free?
A: So long as you use the voucher for JP, yes.

Q: Insider Forum?
A: Will remain open.

Q: New preorders?
A: TT will let you know when preorders will start again.

Please feel free to ask any other questions here.

207 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Wow, so I basically get JP for free? Thanks for being so great Telltale!

• Fall 2011 means october-december 2011??

• at least give us some new media..

• So this all boils down to: You get JP for free.
    well, that's nice.

• 1) Hoping that Jurassic Park won't be completely cancelled. Just delayed. Right? :/
    2) Can we expect more media in the next few months?
    3) What kind of things can we expect from the delay? (Better graphics, in-game mobility, etc.)?
    4) What do you call a blind dinosaur?

Seriously appreciate the way Telltale is handling the situation with a refund (and free game) despite the disappointment of a delay. Here's hoping for an amazing Jurassic Park game.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@starpooled said: 1) Hoping that Jurassic Park won't be completely cancelled. Just delayed. Right? :/
    3) What kind of things can we expect from the delay? (Better graphics, in-game mobility, etc.)?

Seriously appreciate the way Telltale is handling the situation with a refund (and free game) despite the disappointment of a delay. Here's hoping for an amazing Jurassic Park game.

The only one I can answer is #4- me! I'm a blind dinosaur! (If by " blind dinosaur" you mean "someone old who has to type with a braille keyboard".

• Why???!!! What are they doing to it?

• @starpooled said: 1) Hoping that Jurassic Park won't be completely cancelled. Just delayed. Right? :/

Correct. The game is simply delayed and in no way, shape, or form does this mean cancellation at all. You will be playing Jurassic Park this fall.

You'll be seeing more of the game coming up, especially as we lead into E3 and beyond.

• My theory is that not only are they polishing the graphics (which were fine in my opinion) but they are also changing some gameplay aspects, as a game full of QT events didn't get the positive response they expected.

And besides, it's better that they are taking their time with it. Look at BTTF, we don't want that kind of rushed thing, right? (It's not a criticism, only an observation). I just hope that they are working on more episodes than just the first one.

Let's wait and see.

• I'm interested to see what that will do to the release schedule as I would imagine that they will use this time to work on all the episodes of the game.

Add Comment