User Avatar Image

Everything You Need to Know About the JP Delay

posted by divisionten on - last edited - Viewed by 2.7K users

Since the release discussion threads have gotten long and difficult to slog through, here is everything you need to know:

Q: Why is JP being delayed?
A: We'll be honest, even the mods don't know that stuff. What we DO know is that this decision was made with the utmost desire to please the fans, hoping to release it better than before.

Q: When's the release?
A: Fall '11

Q: Console release?
A: Also, Fall '11. Release is simultaneous. Note that the original console release was intended to be Fall '11, so the console release will see no change in timeframe.

Q: I don't want a refund. I just want the game.
A: It's difficult to do this case by case. Everyone gets a refund.

Q: How do I get my refund/free game coupon?
A: Keep an eye on your email. (Check your spambox, too)

Q: Is it one or the other?
A: No. You get a FULL REFUND for JP AND a voucher good for any full Telltale season or a single game- your choice on what to use the voucher on.

Q: What can I use the free game coupon on?
A: Any full TT game, current or FUTURE. Yes, THIS INCLUDES JP, FABLES, OR ANY OTHER NOT-YET-RELEASED TITLE. The free game coupon does not expire. Anyone who preordered JP can use the coupon to get it free of charge.

Q: Long story short- I preordered JP. I get my $30 returned AND a voucher. I can then turn around and use that voucher to buy JP- so I can get JP for free?
A: So long as you use the voucher for JP, yes.

Q: Insider Forum?
A: Will remain open.

Q: New preorders?
A: TT will let you know when preorders will start again.

Please feel free to ask any other questions here.

207 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Just don't turn it into a third-person shooter, ok? I'm still kind of upset after the whole Splinter Cell: Conviction thing... :p

• So when i get my refund... I still can get the game free? Or do i need to pay again.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Faceslasher said: So when i get my refund... I still can get the game free? Or do i need to pay again.

You can get the refund, then use the voucher to re-purchase the game when it's available in the store again, effectively getting you the game for free. Or you can use the voucher for another Telltale game, and buy JP again if you choose to do so.

• @Faceslasher said: So when i get my refund... I still can get the game free? Or do i need to pay again.

You won't need to re-purchase if you don't want to. The voucher we give you will be able to be used on Jurassic Park when we make it available for purchase again.

• 1) When the game is released in the Fall(on PC), will it still be in episodic format taking place over 5 months?

2) Which consoles is the game being released for? Is Wii completely out of the question?

• @Alan Johnson said: You won't need to re-purchase if you don't want to. The voucher we give you will be able to be used on Jurassic Park when we make it available for purchase again.

Alan, when will this voucher be available, and are we really getting a full refund and the voucher to purchase the entire game??

• So if i take the refund with the voucher (and im not saying i will it's just something to think about) would that mean that i would no longer have acess to the insider forum until i pre-ordered it agiain?

• Ive been hyped for this game. Working my ass off for it. And now i hear that the delay will cause me not only to loose the game... BUT MAKE ME BUY IT AGAIN :mad:

Ive played all your other games (Except Monkey Island. But im not to into swashbuckling games lol) And now i can get a free game? Thank you but ive played EACH one. Will we have the choice to keep the game and not forced into the refund. Cause its not right to work hard for a game you really want and then gave the bird and loose it. Im not in a cheery mood about this. And id like to know MORE about this case. Cause this is making me angry.

• @RaptorsRwk said: So if i take the refund with the voucher (and im not saying i will it's just something to think about) would that mean that i would no longer have acess to the insider forum until i pre-ordered it agiain?

if you pre-ordered the first time, you'll remain with access

• @Alan Johnson said: You won't need to re-purchase if you don't want to. The voucher we give you will be able to be used on Jurassic Park when we make it available for purchase again.

What? There will be 2 codes? 1 for JP and 1 for the free game? :confused:

Add Comment