User Avatar Image

Everything You Need to Know About the JP Delay

posted by divisionten on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

Since the release discussion threads have gotten long and difficult to slog through, here is everything you need to know:

Q: Why is JP being delayed?
A: We'll be honest, even the mods don't know that stuff. What we DO know is that this decision was made with the utmost desire to please the fans, hoping to release it better than before.

Q: When's the release?
A: Fall '11

Q: Console release?
A: Also, Fall '11. Release is simultaneous. Note that the original console release was intended to be Fall '11, so the console release will see no change in timeframe.

Q: I don't want a refund. I just want the game.
A: It's difficult to do this case by case. Everyone gets a refund.

Q: How do I get my refund/free game coupon?
A: Keep an eye on your email. (Check your spambox, too)

Q: Is it one or the other?
A: No. You get a FULL REFUND for JP AND a voucher good for any full Telltale season or a single game- your choice on what to use the voucher on.

Q: What can I use the free game coupon on?
A: Any full TT game, current or FUTURE. Yes, THIS INCLUDES JP, FABLES, OR ANY OTHER NOT-YET-RELEASED TITLE. The free game coupon does not expire. Anyone who preordered JP can use the coupon to get it free of charge.

Q: Long story short- I preordered JP. I get my $30 returned AND a voucher. I can then turn around and use that voucher to buy JP- so I can get JP for free?
A: So long as you use the voucher for JP, yes.

Q: Insider Forum?
A: Will remain open.

Q: New preorders?
A: TT will let you know when preorders will start again.

Please feel free to ask any other questions here.

207 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

    @magamer1 said: are we really getting a full refund and the voucher to purchase the entire game??



    Yes.

    @magamer1 said: So if i take the refund with the voucher (and im not saying i will it's just something to think about) would that mean that i would no longer have acess to the insider forum until i pre-ordered it agiain?

    Everyone gets a refund automatically, and you'll still have access to the Insider forum.

  • @Faceslasher said: Ive been hyped for this game. Working my ass off for it. And now i hear that the delay will cause me not only to loose the game... BUT MAKE ME BUY IT AGAIN :mad:

    Ive played all your other games (Except Monkey Island. But im not to into swashbuckling games lol) And now i can get a free game? Thank you but ive played EACH one. Will we have the choice to keep the game and not forced into the refund. Cause its not right to work hard for a game you really want and then gave the bird and loose it. Im not in a cheery mood about this. And id like to know MORE about this case. Cause this is making me angry.



    You'll be able to use your free game voucher on any full season game, including Jurassic Park when we make it available for purchase again. The voucher will not expire.

  • @Alan Johnson said: You'll be able to use your free game voucher on any full season game, including Jurassic Park when we make it available for purchase again. The voucher will not expire.



    So if i use the code on 1 game. Then im screwed? Meaning no more JP?

  • @Faceslasher said: Ive been hyped for this game. Working my ass off for it. And now i hear that the delay will cause me not only to loose the game... BUT MAKE ME BUY IT AGAIN :mad:

    Ive played all your other games (Except Monkey Island. But im not to into swashbuckling games lol) And now i can get a free game? Thank you but ive played EACH one. Will we have the choice to keep the game and not forced into the refund. Cause its not right to work hard for a game you really want and then gave the bird and loose it. Im not in a cheery mood about this. And id like to know MORE about this case. Cause this is making me angry.



    They are giving you your money back...and the voucher can be used to get JP for free if you want when they put it back up for sale... basically, you're getting $30 in your pocket plus the game then.

  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

    @Faceslasher said: What? There will be 2 codes? 1 for JP and 1 for the free game? :confused:



    One voucher code, plus a refund for the pre-order.

  • @Johro said: They are giving you your money back...and the voucher can be used to get JP for free if you want when they put it back up for sale... basically, you're getting $30 in your pocket plus the game then.



    But i dont know how will this work. So i loose JP. And have 1 code for a free game OR JP. I was looking forward to this. But now i want Monkey Island. But i dont want to give up JP.

  • User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

    @Faceslasher said: So if i use the code on 1 game. Then im screwed? Meaning no more JP?



    Voucher is good for all five episodes of JP

  • I guess this isn't too bad. We haven't even seen all that much of the game anyway, so TellTale can still tease. I hope they do some major overhaul in the time they have.

  • @Johro said: They are giving you your money back...and the voucher can be used to get JP for free if you want when they put it back up for sale... basically, you're getting $30 in your pocket plus the game then.



    Im not sure how they can afford this, it sounds great right now, but something must have gone seriously south of the hell border for them to be willing to give up all the money and give out free games.

  • @Icedhope said: You can keep the game, the refund is only their if you want it. It's completely up to you.



    Ok Ok. So i guess ill use the refund money on Monkey Island. And the code on JP.

Add Comment