User Avatar Image

Hector - Deutsche Fans

posted by ABlan on - last edited - Viewed by 920 users

Hallo Alle, Telltale neues Game ist "Hector", was denkt die Deutsch Sprachige community darueber? Wuerden wir gern erfahren. Lust zu probieren? Sag uns Bescheid.

Tschuess

Andre

18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Wirklich freuen uns auf dieses Spiel. es sieht aus wie eine Menge Spaß.

• You guys are using a very bad translator for your postings...

However, i cant wait to play the game, but i'm going to play the awesome british version and not the bad synchronized german version. Thats not a problem of Telltale, every game sucks in german, since we don't have good Voiceoverguys.

• @thiz said: every game sucks in german, since we don't have good Voiceoverguys.

Ich behaupte wir haben in Deutschland exzellente Sprecher und sind durch die beinahe lückenlose und qualitativ hochwertige Synchronisation ausländischen Filmmaterials verwöhnt. Spontan fällt mir da der Prinz von Bel-Air ein. Mach mal nen A-B-Vergleich der Audio-Qualität (Wortwitz aussen vorgelassen^^)
    Über deutsche Spiele-Synchros kann ich nichts sagen und ob hier die Hersteller / Vertriebe zu geizig oder die guten Sprecher in Deutschland zu gierig sind, darüber kann man nur spekulieren.

I've only learned about it on the ttg-website and it's looking promising. I'll give it a try!

PS: Thx for caring ABlan. I really appreciate this. I'll stick with english though.
    What seems to be an adaption of "communauté" really made me smile :D High five for the french. Regarding "(internet-)community" in the German language I'd say the english word is commonly accepted and possible translations as "Gemeinschaft/Gemeinde" or "Kommune" are mostly used in different context.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@thiz said: Thats not a problem of Telltale, every game sucks in german, since we don't have good Voiceoverguys.

I disagree! We've got a host of thoroughly trained, young, enthusiastic and versatile voice actors. You just never get to hear them, or their work is seriously impaired by the circumstances under which they have to work. Problem is: If the franchise is willing to pay good money for their translation/dubbing, they will hire either heavily overused "popular voices" (stating rubbish like "with the voices of Jack Nicholson und Nicolas cage" on the cover) or they will hire known German actors (or worse: celebrities without actor training).

Both can work, but definitly doesn't make a fresh and creative product. The other problems ruining German dubbing in Games are (a) bad dubbing companies which do not even take a look at the game and do not provide their voice actors with situational context or notes on sentence emphasis and (b) tadah, bad translations which slavishly reproduce the English original word-by-word. There actually was a time some decades ago when movie/TV comedies in Germany were translated without actually adhering that much to the original text, leading to the brilliant and really funny German dubbings of "The Persuaders!" ("Die Zwei") and a lot of Bud Spencer/Terence Hill movies which gained popularity not least because of these "irreverent" translations.

I've seldom experienced an equally good dubbing in years, although the German version of "Ten things I hate about you" is surprisingly bold. ;)

• Is the game also in Deutsche language?

• User Avatar Image
    ABlan Telltale Staff

Vielen Dank! hast Du doch meine Franzoesiche Abstammung erkannt, Good job! :-) Bis dem naechsten
    A

• User Avatar Image
    ABlan Telltale Staff

@Bloody Eugene said: Is the game also in Deutsche language?

No sorry the game comes in english only.

• Ich bin ebenfalls auf Hector gespannt. Da ich in meinem Job auch öfter Englisch spreche (Telefon), finde ich es Super mir das ein oder andere von englischen Spielen abzugucken. :)

Episode 1 ist ja nur noch ein paar Stunden entfernt. :cool:

• @mnstyle said: Ich bin ebenfalls auf Hector gespannt. Da ich in meinem Job auch öfter Englisch spreche (Telefon), finde ich es Super mir das ein oder andere von englischen Spielen abzugucken. :)

Ich bin mir aber nicht sicher, ob du die Zeilen aus Hector unbedingt beim Gespräch mit Kunden bringen solltest ;)

• Yeah, I'm a German, but I'm done with German versions of games.
    It's been years since I have experienced a half-way decent dubbed version of a game or movie or tv show
    that didn't make me want to hurt myself or others. Mostly others.

By now I'm going out of my way to get my hands on UK or US versions of games,
    so I'm very grateful about what TTG did with BttF.
    (Also partly because of the ridiculous censoring laws I have to
    deal with here in moronic Germany. I'm 32 years old and can only get
    the german dubbed, low violence version? Erm hello? Better age checks please,
    like yesterday. I'm looking at you, Steam. I'm still looking at you, Steam.
    You suck. You suck bodily orrifices that are used for waste dispension.)

Anyways.
    As a German guy who looks forward to the game "Hector" I have to say:
    yay, I'm a German guy and look forward to the game... :P

Add Comment