User Avatar Image

What is your favorite Sierra music? (not necessarily KQ)

posted by Farlander on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

We all know Sierra games had some AWESOME music. What are your favorites? Some of mine are (in no particular order, maybe will add more later):

Space Quest 3 theme
I just love how the SQ main theme is merged with the Sierra fanfare, and the music after that is EPIC.

Erana's Peace from QfG1
There's just something about this music... it's really enchanting.

King's Quest 3 intro music
Many know that I'm no particular fan of KQ series, but I do like KQ3 very much. And the intro music really makes me feel for sadness in Gwydion's heart.

Conquests of the Longbow intro music
It surprises me how great CotL is and how it's one of the lesser known (in general audience, I guess every Sierra fan knows it) Sierra adventure games among people. To me, it's one of the ultimate best Sierra adventures.

49 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Dixieland Drugstore from Gabriel Knight
    Bandit Camp from King's Quest V
    Dark Forest/The Witch from King's Quest V
    Campsong from Conquests of the Longbow
    Erana's Theme from Quest for Glory V

Edit: Eek, I forgot about the Druids Theme ("After the rainstorm") from King's Quest VI!

Edit Number 2: did any of you guys ever play Lode Runner: The Legend Returns or The Mad Monks' Revenge? That game had phenomenal music (and in Redbook Audio format)! It was technically a Sierra game, so it wouldn't be fair if I left it out (I actually still listen to its soundtrack while driving sometimes).

• User Avatar Image
    Cez

That phone story was so awesome. That's what made Sierra so special.

My fav music? So much to choose from. the Weeping Willow, Gabriel Knight stuff, Girl in the Tower, the Quest for Glory music was particularly amazing.

Right now, I've been listening a lot to the Gabriel Knight 3 theme. Such an amazing theme!

• What an excellent idea for a thread! Here are some of my favourites:
    Aside from the introduction and all of the other excellent themes from Conquests of the Longbow, The Widow's Theme really stands out in my opinion.
    In Quest for Glory, there is Erana's Peace/The Magic Meadow and the Hero's Theme, of course. Here is, perhaps, the silliest theme for the silliest character in the third game. (It might not be a favourite, but both the theme and the part are extremely memorable.)
    Quest for Glory IV also had very good soundtracks, of many different styles. Two of my favourites are Introduction and the Leshy. (my favourite.)
    I also like the introductions from King's Quest and King's Quest V, although they are not available as standalone tracks. The Weeping Widow from King's Quest V is also great, and always reminds me of Conquests of the Longbow. And Graham's Fiddle from King's Quest I is good and memorable too.
    In king's Quest VI, I really like and remember the Isle of the Crown's theme. The Beauty and the Beast's theme is also great.
    In King's Quest VII, my favourite track is perhaps the mountain pass in the land of the dreams. Unfortunately, it is not available in quest studios, as well as other tracks.

And if fan games count:
    One of my favourite themes i King's Quest II+ is The Dwarf's Trap. And it reminds me of I'm More Piratey than You. Connor is Knighted is also great. (I understand that it is taken from Mask of Eternity.)
    In Infamous Adventures' King's Quest III remake, I liked the port's theme and the mountain pass theme.
    In AGDI's King's Quest III Redux, I really liked Mannanan's Theme and the work music. (Especially with the bard's song.:D)

I'm telling you, putting all these links took me some time!

• Aside from the SQV theme, I like the music at the mall in SQIV and the World O' Wonders music in SQIII. Also the theme to Quest for Glory IV is pretty awesome :).

• SQIII opening music.
    SQIVGA ZZ Top song.
    Greensleeves (KQ1-2)

KQI SCI:
    Opening Theme
    Graham's fiddle song
    Ending Music

KQIV:
    Opening music
    Minstrel's Songs
    Rosella on the organ

KQV:
    Introduction Song
    Crystal Cave
    Witch's House
    Madame Muskha's Theme
    In the Boat
    Harpie Island
    The Hermit
    Mermaid Theme AKA Journey to Mordack's castle
    Mordack Island theme
    The Eerie Organ

KQVI:
    KQVI introduction theme
    Abdul Alhazred theme
    Girl in the Tower (instrumental piano)
    Nightingale Theme
    Alex's flute song
    Fight with the Minotaur
    The Druids (post Rain)

KQVII:
    "Land Beyond Dreams"
    Desert theme
    King Otar's Realm Theme
    Malicia's Theme
    Forest of Etheria theme
    Oooga Booga

KQVIII:
    KQ8 Theme
    Unicorn Theme
    Slyph Theme
    Inside House Theme (Daventry)

Conquests of Camelot Opening Song

Quest for Glory - Erana's Peace

SQ6:
    Opening Theme
    Arcade Theme
    Orion's Belt Bar

• Theme song to Gabriel Knight is very catchy.

• @Sarendor said: What an excellent idea for a thread! Here are some of my favourites:
    Aside from the introduction and all of the other excellent themes from Conquests of the Longbow, The Widow's Theme really stands out in my opinion.
    In Quest for Glory, there is Erana's Peace/The Magic Meadow and the Hero's Theme, of course. Here is, perhaps, the silliest theme for the silliest character in the third game. (It might not be a favourite, but both the theme and the part are extremely memorable.)
    Quest for Glory IV also had very good soundtracks, of many different styles. Two of my favourites are Introduction and the Leshy. (my favourite.)
    I also like the introductions from King's Quest and King's Quest V, although they are not available as standalone tracks. The Weeping Widow from King's Quest V is also great, and always reminds me of Conquests of the Longbow. And Graham's Fiddle from King's Quest I is good and memorable too.In king's Quest VI, I really like and remember the Isle of the Crown's theme. The Beauty and the Beast's theme is also great.
    In King's Quest VII, my favourite track is perhaps the mountain pass in the land of the dreams. Unfortunately, it is not available in quest studios, as well as other tracks.

And if fan games count:
    One of my favourite themes i King's Quest II+ is The Dwarf's Trap. And it reminds me of I'm More Piratey than You. Connor is Knighted is also great. (I understand that it is taken from Mask of Eternity.)
    In Infamous Adventures' King's Quest III remake, I liked the port's theme and the mountain pass theme.
    In AGDI's King's Quest III Redux, I really liked Mannanan's Theme and the work music. (Especially with the bard's song.:D)

I'm telling you, putting all these links took me some time!

Oh yeah, the fiddle song was so catchy. I actually used it as my ringtone for a while.

• the kick-ass theme from Phantasmagoria II, heres an excellent cover of it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jRea9zuITk

• I absolutely love so much of the music in various Sierra games that picking a favourite seems quite impossible.

But I'll try anyway and say - the music from Gabriel Knight (and Gabriel Knight 2 as well)... the GK theme is so good and suits the mood of the game so very well.
    The same can be said for music playing elsewhere in the games as well, really adds to the atmosphere so much.
    I've always liked music that is a bit dark/moody, so I guess that's one reason why I love the GK music as much as I do (other than the music itself being brilliant, of course).

• Here is a link to a new interview with Robert Holmes by a Marty Mulrooney of Alternative Magazine Online:

http://alternativemagazineonline.co.uk/2011/03/22/interview-in-conversation-with-robert-holmes-composer-gray-matter-soundtrack-gabriel-knight-series/

Brief extract:

Is Gabriel Knight a series you would like to revisit again in the future?

Absolutely! There are many of us, including Jane and I who would love to see that come to pass. I'm hopeful there will be a chance to see that happen someday!

Add Comment