User Avatar Image

Pre-Order now available! Release date: April 27!

posted by Tjibbbe on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

Hi everyone,

You can now pre-order the first episode of Hector: Badge of Carnage (titled: We Negotiate With Terrorists) for PC and Mac. An Ipad-version is coming later. It's 10 dollars (or 7 Euro's in my case). The release date is April 27, with episode 2 and 3 coming in the fall. That's right, we're getting a BttF-episode, a JP-episode and a Hector-episode all in one month.

Pre-Order bonuses:

* Free version of Puzzle Agent (I own 3 versions of this game by now, but for those of you that don't have it: it's awesome!)
* Access to Private Insiders Forum (I just pre-ordered, but the forum doesn't seem to be up just yet)
* 10% of purchase donated to Japan relief efforts

The minisite is updated as well. You can now watch the trailer and two short animated movies, watch some screenshots and get confirmation on the pre-order bonuses. The about-page and episode-pages are still under construction.

Minisite: http://www.telltalegames.com/hector
Store page: http://www.telltalegames.com/store/Hector101

The game looks hilarious, and I can't believe it's only a week away.

101 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @tpjesus said: I thought it was supposed to come out today? I can just imagine it getting delayed until fall to come out closer to the next 2 episodes. Nothing will surprise me anymore considering how close to the release day they decided to let everyone know about jurassic parks delay.

Don't worry this Hector game was already made on the ipod so theres not gona be any need to delay it like Jarrasic Park.

• @tpjesus said: I thought it was supposed to come out today? I can just imagine it getting delayed until fall to come out closer to the next 2 episodes. Nothing will surprise me anymore considering how close to the release day they decided to let everyone know about jurassic parks delay.

Telltale Games is in California, as far as i know. So its still early in the morning for them.

Also i dont share your point of view about the delay. Hector is just a port - it was already finished when they started, so delaying that is close to impossible. Now Jurassic Park is a different thing. Almost everyone from the community said that the gameplay they saw sucked, and it was probably not the game Telltale has hoped for, so they delayed it to make something better out of it.

• @thiz said: Telltale Games is in California, as far as i know. So its still early in the morning for them.

Also i dont share your point of view about the delay. Hector is just a port - it was already finished when they started, so delaying that is close to impossible. Now Jurassic Park is a different thing. Almost everyone from the community said that the gameplay they saw sucked, and it was probably not the game Telltale has hoped for, so they delayed it to make something better out of it.

Wow. People on these boards actually have some common sense towards JP. I've heard too many people ranting and raving over the postponement. I'm happy for it if it makes the game better.

• @Nasuke1 said: Wow. People on these boards actually have some common sense towards JP. I've heard too many people ranting and raving over the postponement. I'm happy for it if it makes the game better.

Yes, i prefer staying calm and beeing smart over raging like a 12 year old =)
    I think the delay is the best they could have done.

• .... I'm actually dying here, guys. I need that game, like, now. It's killing me how badly I want it... *keeps checking Californian time*

• Hector is coming today :) Likely sometime in the afternoonish hours (Pacific Time)

• If the delay for Jurassic Park is indeed for making the game better due to the poor feedback after the live demo that was shown a couple months ago, then by all means delay it until they believe its as great as they can make it. Personally I actually applaud the Heavy Rain-like gameplay as it is one of my favorite games for the ps3. But its the fact that they waited until last minute to inform us that they we're delaying the game, and not like a month or so, but the fall. They even stated days before the delay on the forums that they had it under control that really made me bitter. I dunno, maybe its just because I was really, REALLY looking forward for this game. But I love Telltale so i know I'm just going to forgive and forget. At least theres Back to the future ep4 this week.............right?

• @Alan Johnson said: Hector is coming today :) Likely sometime in the afternoonish hours (Pacific Time)

Thank you, good sir! I can now plan the rest of my evening around this. :D

• @tpjesus said: At least theres Back to the future ep4 this week.............right?

They confirmed it already, so yeah.

• @thiz said: They confirmed it already, so yeah.

yeah i know, It was a joke.

Add Comment