28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Cool! More ports means less whining from whiny fans! Though I hope that certain ports (that can work) will be coming to Wii as well...

• @Hey You said: Wait, does this mean Telltale games will be exclusive to Xbox 360 or just that Telltale is putting games on the 360 as well?

It means that we're ALSO releasing games on the Xbox 360! :) All this agreement means is that now more fans that have been wanting to play our games, can.

• So what all previous titles are being ported?
    SBCG4AP? If so then its the first of your games to be ported on all 3 systems, and PC/Mac. Same with Tales.

• @Gman5852 said: So what all previous titles are being ported?
    SBCG4AP? If so then its the first of your games to be ported on all 3 systems, and PC/Mac. Same with Tales.

They haven't confirmed any games, but I'm going to guess The Devil's Playhouse and/or Back to the Future since they've been the most demanded.

I have to wonder whether Strong Bad or Tales will get the honor of being Telltale's first episodic series on all three consoles, though.

• Telltale,

This is great news! Though I have a Mac (and a PS3 for that matter), I'm primarily an Xbox360 gamer, and I'm thrilled to hear that your games will be coming to that platform.

By the way, if anyone higher up is listening, I'd gladly put my money down for Xbox versions of Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse, Tales of Monkey Island, and Strong Bad's CG4AP. You know, just as some incentive to make those ports... ::wink:: ::wink::

And thanks for the games!

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@RAnthonyMahan said: The Move/Wii Remote would be good for the old, pre-Wallace and Gromit control scheme (moving by clicking on the area you want to walk to), but not for Telltale's new, more console-friendly control scheme (moving by dragging the mouse in the direction you want to go, using WASD, or a control stick if you're playing on a console).

I'm sorry, but you seem to have completely missed the point I was trying to make.

Tales of Monkey Island on the Wii had the same 'modern' controls you say would be a bad idea, and it's the best control system of any Telltale game I've played. Using the Nunchuck to move the character and the Wiimote to point-and-click was very smooth and worked better than the mouse/keyboard or control pad scheme.

That's what I mean when I say Telltale should implement the PSMove in their games. Especially with the modern games which have the exact same movement system as ToMI and would control just as well.

Also if any of the Telltale crew are reading this (and there's always the remote possibility, given Mr Johnson's earlier appearance), would it be all that much work to patch the controls in? I'm sure Sony would welcome any additional developers using the Move, since there aren't all that many as is!

• @GuruGuru214 said: Just going to leave this here.

Ah, sweet, sweet confirmation.

When they say "every platform", though, does that include the Wii too?

• @Darth Marsden said: Tales of Monkey Island on the Wii had the same 'modern' controls you say would be a bad idea, and it's the best control system of any Telltale game I've played. Using the Nunchuck to move the character and the Wiimote to point-and-click was very smooth and worked better than the mouse/keyboard or control pad scheme.

I concur

• Without causing another flame war, is there any news on the future of TellTale's Xbox publishing that was announced a few weeks ago? Do we know anything yet? I've had a good look through the forums and can't find anything :(

Add Comment