User Avatar Image

Worst Levels You've Ever Encountered

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

In almost every game (mostly action or platformer games) there's always that one level that we dislike, hate or absolutely despise. It's the one that thought was crap upon our first playthrough, and it's the one we dread upon each replay. It might have caused you immense frustration and made you tear out your hair, it might have seemed almost impossible, it might have been one of those levels that presents a problem that seems to have no solution whatsoever, it might have been poorly designed, it might have been annoying, or you might've just plain not liked it for your own personal reasons. For whatever reason it may be, we all have levels that we hate and wish never existed.

So share your tales of frustration here, tear your least favourite levels to shreds, nitpick, explain why these levels were so terrible, and criticize and abuse the designers of said levels (whoever they may be).

99 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @doodinthemood said:

Anyway, for me, the "level" would be the final castle of the game I wanna be the guy

No that whole game is the "level". Stupid hard.

• @Darth Marsden said: Does that skip all the frustrating platforming? 'cause somehow I doubt it.

If you use shield, the knife throwers knives bounce right onto the wheel.

*more rage*

• @coolguy721 said: i really don't understand the appeal of strategy guides to people. sure it makes the game much harder but when you beat it you can say you actually did it

Because I want to get everything. I'm rather completionist about certain games.

Also, the OOT strategy guide I had was the Zelda: OOT Official Nintendo Power Strategy Guide. Don't tell me you never had a subscription to Nintendo Power. I thought everyone had that back in the day.

Besides that, without a Final Fantasy 7 Strategy Guide, I would have had no clue how to get a gold chocobo, much less know where the Knights of the Round summon materia was or that it even existed.

• @Davies said: Every sewer level ever made.

Yes! Thank you. Oh my god if I never see another sewer in a video game as long as I live, I'll die happy. (the sole exception would maybe be Uncharted 2 - and only because it's mercifully brief in that game)

• @doodinthemood said: For anyone who thinks psychonauts meat circus, read this, then rage:

You can just throw confusion grenades at the rabbit then pick it up.

@doodinthemood said: If you use shield, the knife throwers knives bounce right onto the wheel.

*more rage*

Commencing massive rage in 3...2...1...

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: Yes! Thank you. Oh my god if I never see another sewer in a video game as long as I live, I'll die happy. (the sole exception would maybe be Uncharted 2 - and only because it's mercifully brief in that game)

I guess your right about Uncharted 2 but thinking about it, even that section was the weakest part of a brilliant game.

• back-to-the-future-3-pc-game-screenshot.

The first level of the Back to the Future Part III game for the Sega Genesis.

• @Martin McFly said: back-to-the-future-3-pc-game-screenshot.

The first level of the Back to the Future Part III game for the Sega Genesis.

I don't believe that I could ever get past that initial stage.

Ohhhh, also... The Empire Strikes Back for the Gameboy. I completed Star Wars and Return of the Jedi several times but I could NEVER EVER find a way out of those bastard ice caverns that featured in level 1 of Empire.

• The level in DKC2 with the vine maze, the parrot, the wind gusts... I don't need to look it up, if you've played it, you know it....it's just every damn obstacle they can think of. There are many bad games that I can bring up...but this is an insane part in an amazing game.

• @doodinthemood said: For anyone who thinks psychonauts meat circus, read this, then rage:

You can just throw confusion grenades at the rabbit then pick it up.

That is not what made the level horrible for me. This little brat that just wouldn't STFU killed my mood more than anything else.

Add Comment